Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Crankcase front oil pin

When dropping in crank into crankcase I can't get crank to line up. My pin and hole on my crank do not line up. The bearing will spin freely no matter what I do. Do I just have hole towards bottom nd bolt up cases

Banned User
    +1
    Also should all of the journals and rear bearing spin freely? The rer bearing won't spin freely while laying in case, nor will the middle journal closest to rear bearing. Front 3 spin fine as well as rear smaller two

Banned User
    +1
    ok ok i freaked a little as i put together my cases. the front bearing was spinning because it was not lined up with the alignment pin on the case. i followed osidebills pics and what threw me off was the hole location in his pic. his bearing in the pic is actually on backwards. i flipped bearing around and it didnt move(had on backwards). the rear middle journal wasnt spinning like the other journals. i found that if i lifted the end a hair it did. im guessing thats from the crank weight. i bolted everything per osidebills write up and everything moves freely(crank and connec rods). pics to come. i was worried about threebond setting up to fast, im a slow do it right guy. thank god for my ipad and phone

Banned User
    +1
    cleaned and polished bolts-
    took a break for dinner -
    desert-
    merry xmas to all( got my tree up a few weeks ago)
    cleaning for the 3x

osidebills writeup
    had bearing on backwards and could not line up pin with hole(bills pic is backwards)
    done finally
    cleaned outside and inside with rags, q tips, goo gone, and razor blades. looks beautiful-

go texans!!!!!

+1
    Glad you got it figured out. Glued my case together last week and been letting the glue dry, gonna start putting the cylinders on tomorrow.....if nothing pressing comes up.

Banned User
    +1
    yeah now that i look back it was me being over anal and letting my ocd get the best of me. looks and spins freely. HUGE thanks to osidebills writeup!! thanks bill!

+1
    Yea, that write up is a must, had my laptop beside me while I was putting mine together.

Banned User
    +1
    the thing that fd me up was bill has a pic of his crank with the front bearing on backwards. i figured thats how it went cause i had no clue the pin on the case had to line up with small hole. maybe im an idiot but totally overlooked pin.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    the thing that fd me up was bill has a pic of his crank with the front bearing on backwards. i figured thats how it went cause i had no clue the pin on the case had to line up with small hole. maybe im an idiot but totally overlooked pin.
    What you talking about WILLIS? put the everclear down!!!

Banned User
    +1
    In your write up there's a pic of the crank sitting there with the front bearing zip tied onto crank. The bearing in that pic in on backwards. I put the small hole like in the pic shown closet to flywheel. Never realized there was a pin on the case that had to line up with the bearing hole. After I thought about it I figured it out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information