My new FZS - few questions for you more experienced guys!

hey guys,

Fairly new to jetski's, and have a few questions in regards to my 2010 fzs i brought.

1). I noticed that for the first time the other day my ski actually decided to squirt water out the hole in the arse end (where it squirts it into the air).. previous to this, riding it in the river it never did that??? i dont think i did anything different other than i was riding in the ocean and riding it for a much longer period... any reason for this?

2). After riding with a few other boys on this forum, on the way back my low fuel alarm came on, and all the other SHO ski's had about half a tank. My ski has a fair few mods (i brought it like this), but can it affect fuel efficiency that much? Is there anyway to check it or to get it tuned other than going motec?

Cheers fellas!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jezza1 View Post
    hey guys,

Fairly new to jetski's, and have a few questions in regards to my 2010 fzs i brought.

1). I noticed that for the first time the other day my ski actually decided to squirt water out the hole in the arse end (where it squirts it into the air).. previous to this, riding it in the river it never did that??? i dont think i did anything different other than i was riding in the ocean and riding it for a much longer period... any reason for this?

2). After riding with a few other boys on this forum, on the way back my low fuel alarm came on, and all the other SHO ski's had about half a tank. My ski has a fair few mods (i brought it like this), but can it affect fuel efficiency that much? Is there anyway to check it or to get it tuned other than going motec?

Cheers fellas!

reflash the ECU.....it will pick up 1.5mpg......the gay spray could have gotton clogged?

+1
    1) probably was clogged, but I would double check the line.

2) What mods do you have? I find that riding style has the most to do with fuel consumption. My good friend has a bone stock FZR and he burns more fuel than I do simply because he rides more aggressive than me.

+1
    Or the guy you bought it from put a valve on the rooster line and it got knocked open a bit this time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jezza1 View Post
    hey guys,

Cheers fellas!
    Get an R2 or R3 reflash and you will have 1/4 tank when your friends will be on the buzzer.

+1

Re: My new FZS - few questions for you more experienced guys!

I have an R3 ecu reflashed already for sale check the classifieds and give me an offer

+1
    If hes fairly new to jet skis, I would find out what has been done to your ski before making many mods especially reflashes as once you start you its hard to stop spending.

yeh may have been a blockage... ill know if it was cause it will work as soon as i launch it again...

It's got the stage 1 R&D kit on it (doesn't have the re-flashed ecu thou... does that really make much difference?? i heard only motec is worth the $$$)

http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor...fzs/stage1.asp

I did thrash it a fair bit, and i didnt stop the ski once other than the half way stop over on the ride i was on... whereas the other guys parked up for periods during the wave jumping.. so it may just be a factor of that + the mods etc?

cheers guys for you help so far... ill check out that r3 ecu in the for sale section and PM you... will it work although with the stage 1.. or is it more for the stage 2 kit as the website says?

Thread Information