Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VXS/R RIVA SS Grate Review

just wanted to share my experience with the ss grate for the VXS/R.

this grate transforms the ski into a new machine! if not ALL most of my bouce is gone and to add to i feel much safer out in the sea/chop.
    The ski is virtually glued in the water and much more predictable to ride. highly recomend this!

i have re-sealed my grate and ride plate inserts with 3m 5200 but im still getting a small amount of water inside the hull? i have also changed the one way valve. i want to do more mods but really dont want this water in the hull before i start toying with things.

anyones help would be greatly appreciated.... things that i can double check? is there anywere else this could enter from? i left the ski in the water without ridding it and after about 30 mins some water appeared. just erally cant tell were from.

+1
    Did u do the rear exhaust mod? Double ck drain plugs. Get as much wated out as u can put ski back in water without seat , grab a beer or two and a flash light. Put paper towel or a light colored rag on the mounts and wait for the water......

+1
    Agree...The Riva grate is the 'velcro' grate. It is performing well in early tests. However I think it has a -2mph drag on the aquavein. Loads faster and more consistently than the others. Depending on application 2mph is nothing.

+1
    yes riva ss is "glued" what I like is at the "braking point" the ski turns where you want and the nose is in the water.
    My speed with radar gun is 65.9 mph with riva ss and stock ride plate with 2mm shimmed on rear bolts,now I'm trying to install riva Athena ECU......I'm waiting for fuel pressure.
    I love my VXR

+1
    I'm also a fan of the grate and have it on both of my VXS skis. I saw a 1 MPH speed loss on glass and improvements everywhere else. The best of which is no more bounce and no more cavitation.

+1
    i've installed one on my VXS but havent tested it yet, will this weekend tho...

Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Did u do the rear exhaust mod? Double ck drain plugs. Get as much wated out as u can put ski back in water without seat , grab a beer or two and a flash light. Put paper towel or a light colored rag on the mounts and wait for the water......
    ive just got a free flow. plugs seem fine.

great idea with the rag on the mounts! i will try that this weekend. thanks again.

+1
    i rode the SJR with the Riva SS grate this weekend, it does hook well, especially the holeshot, but i also took 7/8" off the center wing before i installed it. no cavitation what so ever, i also got a 70.7 mph out of it before i lost a solas my solas impeller

+1
    Your Solas prop broke? What was the effect? Able to get back to ramp or had to be towed? And isn't that about 2 MPH slower than you have been going?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Your Solas prop broke? What was the effect? Able to get back to ramp or had to be towed? And isn't that about 2 MPH slower than you have been going?
    had to be towed back, it locked up solid at speed. that 70.7 speed was with the farthing plate, stock VX shims, might be able to bet the 2 or 3 back by removing the shims and going back to the R&D grate, still going to take some more out of the center wing of the riva grate to see what it does, but the hook up is great !!!!!!!!! never cavitates or bounces off the 8500 limiter on a full trottle lunch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information