Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

anyone around here on meth?? :)

that should get the D.E.A.'s attention

anyways im looking into methenol injection, just wondering who all is running it and what setup you are running, where does the injection nozzle enter at? do you use a kit that will control the flow with the given amount of boost or do you use motec to control it, i know jerry has it on his yamaha but i am looking for someone who runs it on a 4tec to fill me in on the correct way to do it, also do you run 100% methenol or just washer fluid??
    thanks

+1
    Jerry gaddis is running it on his fzr

+1
    i know, i was looking for someone running it on a 4tec, to what actual gains were seen if any

+1
    gold06rxp was running it on his turbo'd rxp before he parted it out. STSperformance is also running meth on a turbo rxpx 260 2012.

+1
    The only gain is the ability of using pump gas plus meth to work like using a higher octane fuel
    not as good as a higher fuel, but cheaper
    IMO just one more thing that can go wrong and damage your motor
    Last edited by skidoochris; 12-12-2012 at 06:38 PM.

+1
    Variables In everything I would not put washer fluid or any liquid That's Not combustable. Water Don't Compress Hate To See a stuck soleniod and have washer fluid/water shoot In a cylinder won't be good. On a brighter Note If you can Control it Safely and You a crazy sob Like My Brother You Can Make a motor Come to Life With the Right Combination Of Nos and Mist of Water Combo.
    Last edited by shrabber; 12-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.

+1
    Vspec run methanol injection on his GPRXP conversion

+1
    I ran the Aquamist system in my turbo rotary rx7 long time ago. Not cheap by the way but probably one of the best systems out there. I’d check it out if you looking for a top notch system. They’ve been doing it a very long time and have it all figured out.
    The point of water injection/meth is not to burn the mixture but to cool the charge temperature of the cylinder via evaporation under detonation. Act like an octane booster. The end result is you can run more timing without detonation and reduced amount of gas as gas is wasted for cooling. To setup it correctly I think you’d want a way to monitor knock if you were going to push the limits of timing/fuel curve. Rotary engines are much more sensitive to knock so I ran it as a degree of protection. It sounds like way to much trouble for a water craft if you are more or less a recreational rider. I’d lean toward ethanol if it was convenient.

+1
    [QUOTE=seadoo02xp;2078831]i know, i was looking for someone running it on a 4tec, to what actual gains were seen if any[/QUOT are you talking about E85??? if it is yes i run on my ski and is a big different.i recoment .my setup is turbo with 110 injectors..and a 450 feul pump..

+1
    [QUOTE=rxpredviper;2078891]
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    i know, i was looking for someone running it on a 4tec, to what actual gains were seen if any[/QUOT are you talking about E85??? if it is yes i run on my ski and is a big different.i recoment .my setup is turbo with 110 injectors..and a 450 feul pump..
    If your already running E85 you already are getting the evaporative cooling effect/octane increase benifit. Hopefully your fuel map/timing curve is already setup to take advantage of that. I don't think you would buy yourself much going to water/meth injection unless you are really looking to push some limits of compression/boost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information