Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UK FZR mod's

+1

UK FZR mod's

Hello I'm Jake and im 22 from England. Looking to start modifying my new 2012 fzr. Will be doing r&d grate (sealed), through hull exhaust, air filter, manifold upgrade first. Air temperatures at the minute where i ride are around -3 degrees. Have come across some members on here who are selling the powershot? Would I need to run one with the stage 1 mods? Could I run ET low boost wheel 15,5psi with modded oem housing? And could I run a skat swirl setback 15/21? Fairly new to ski's, understand the basics of exhaust, filter, grates etc but when It comes to e1, b1, r1, r3 etc I get lost, also with the prop sizes. I do mainly ocean riding and looking for a reliable 80mph ish? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jake

+1
    If you upgrade the SC, you are 100% going to need a reflashed ECU (or an aftermarket ecu if you have the extra coin). The stock ECU has a 7800rpm rev limiter and a boost limiter as well.

An 80mph ski IMO would be something like: air intake, manifold upgrade, exhaust, grate, R3, C1, plate, and an IC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    If you upgrade the SC, you are 100% going to need a reflashed ECU (or an aftermarket ecu if you have the extra coin). The stock ECU has a 7800rpm rev limiter and a boost limiter as well.

An 80mph ski IMO would be something like: air intake, manifold upgrade, exhaust, grate, R3, C1, plate, and an IC.
    I would have to import the R3 and C1. I am waiting to hear back from Jerry on the weight of the wheel and ecu so I can then gauge how much shipping will be and also If i'm likely to incur any import duty/vat at my end. What intercooler would you recommend with that setup or upgrade the standard? Had a good few reads through your build and appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jake

+1
    Hi Jake, The SC wheel weighs next to nothing. the stock IC is really a toy, I got the Watson intercooler and its awesome. It has some of the strongest brackets around and it's big. I can ride flat out for ages and don't get any heat soak what so ever and I'm in Australia.
    john
    http://www.watsonracing.com.au/store...products_id=91

+1
    Is the Watson IC serviceable? Does it come apart like the Riva? How does the BOV mount? Welded flange or clamp? Is there room to replace the BOV with a Tial 50mm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mun802 View Post
    What intercooler would you recommend with that setup or upgrade the standard?
    Jake

Jake, have a look at the Fizzle intercooler. It's going to give you the best bang for your buck.
    I'm also using the Fizzle intercooler core on my turbo FZR build and can tell you that it works tremendously well. In fact, I haven't found anything better. I'm logging turbo output temps at 320 degrees and my air intake temps at the manifold drop down to 94 degrees. It's a VERY good intercooler and priced right.

Jerry

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post

I was looking for the same goal mun802..a reliable 80ish ski, but you 100% don't need an aftermarket ECU to do it as I was able to accomplish 82mph at 7720rpm (can't get any more reliable than this) on the stock ECU. What you do need is the right combination of parts that work well together. If you do intend on keeping the stock ECU, you do need a boost clamp which allows the ECU to allow up to 17 lbs boost, a large enough prop to handle the power (I used the Solas 15/22 pitched to 15/26) and have it pitched just right. You also will need a fuel pressure regulator to be able to fuel the extra boost. You will have to upgrade the SC wheel....I used the E1 wheel which is rated at 16psi boost @8000rpm. Since I only rev to 7700ish I am able to get 14lbs of boost which is awesome for such low rpms (just make sure you upgrade the SC shaft for reliabliity). One of the most important upgrades you need is the intercooler as Jerry suggests....this will not only make power but keep your power as you ride. You need also the regular bolt ons and you can see what I used in my sig. Good luck!

+1
    Hi jake i am in the uk. i am at 84 on a sho. if you want to get to 80 on the sea you are going to need to do a lot to achieve it, pm me and we can talk in more depth.

+1
    Watson intercooler is sealed unit which with more boost that's what I wanted, less chance of leaking. Flange mounted bov. I'm not sure about how big the tial is because it comes with a bov in the kit and it seems to be working fine.

+1
    Jake, have a look at the Fizzle intercooler. It's going to give you the best bang for your buck.
    I'm also using the Fizzle intercooler core on my turbo FZR build and can tell you that it works tremendously well. In fact, I haven't found anything better. I'm logging turbo output temps at 320 degrees and my air intake temps at the manifold drop down to 94 degrees. It's a VERY good intercooler and priced right.

Jerry[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    Hi jake i am in the uk. i am at 84 on a sho. if you want to get to 80 on the sea you are going to need to do a lot to achieve it, pm me and we can talk in more depth.
    Ive had a look at the Watson coolers, just waiting to here back on shipping prices. PM'd you razzie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information