+1

Hydroturf Premium seat cover, anyone using one?

Looking at a new seat cover for my FZS, and the Hydroturf Premium has a 3/8" foam pad added under the cover. Anyone use one and if so, how do you like the extra padding?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I have used them before on my Honda Aquatrax......there nice but the stiching is not the greatest...... I had a professional install mine and it was a tight fit over the stock cover.....so tight it pullled the stiching in one area......other than that the materials were pretty good and I used it for sometime with the pulled stiching.......the Black Tip looks like the same cover?

+1
    The professional should have removed the oem cover before installing the new one.

+1
    I have installed about a dozen seat covers over the years and I have never removed the old cover first.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    The professional should have removed the oem cover before installing the new one.
    you should NOT remove the oem cover to install an aftermarket seat cover because most if not all aftermarket seat covers are not water proof. you should just install over the oem cover, if not after a few rides and washing the ski/ seat, the foam will get water logged and weigh a ton...

7. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    If you do remove the original cover, you have to use some sort of waterproof layer under the seat cover to keep the foam from getting waterlogged. I can't remember what its called though, its referred to as some sort of silk, basically its a very thin plastic.

+1
    Never had any said issues in the past with water. The Blaster shaved seat mod, you have no choice but to remove the oem seat covering. I run jettrim seat covers on my skis. I also removed the oem seat covering on the fzr. The covers are designed to be tight. Had I not, the stitching would have suffered.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Looking at a new seat cover for my FZS, and the Hydroturf Premium has a 3/8" foam pad added under the cover. Anyone use one and if so, how do you like the extra padding?
    i know a guy that has one of those covers and i think it feels about the same as stock, just looks better, it has extra padding but with all the stitching and thicker vinyl it almost has no give, the oem seat cover fabric is thin and stretches, if the fabric is thicker it feels stiffer.
    for example my brothers seat cover is all thick grain carbon fiber material wich doesnt stretch much, it has extra padding and all the nice decorative stitching but its deffinetly stiffer than stock.
    ive always gone with the medium slip material wich stretches and its pretty comfortable on the arse..
    hope that helps.

Thread Information