Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double PWC "stacked" stand, saves some space.

not sure if this can help anyone, but thought I'd post a picture.
    unit below is free to move out, while the top remains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0299.jpg 
Views:	847 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	288707

+1

Pretty cool if you store for the winter!

thanks, yep, I do like the babies sleeping in 70f degrees of warmth, not exposed to weather, while winter rages outside, haha.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by kawi-fan View Post
    thanks, yep, I do like the babies sleeping in 70f degrees of warmth, not exposed to weather, while winter rages outside, haha.
    How do you get the upper one up there?

using a chain hoist, which mounts through the ceiling joist, which is reinforced....I made a sling that grabs underneath the rubrails on 4 spots.
    do need more than an 8 foot ceiling though, (112" ceiling in that pic) in order to get the top unit high enough , in order that the bottom unit can be removed separately.....the red stand unit is on wheels...... the upper ski was lifted, mounted on the big stand and rolled the stand in the final place, then rolled the lower ski # 2 underneath.
    the bottom ski has a stand sitting on a very slim platform on small wheels to keep the bottom ski as close to the floor as possible.
    the red big stand could be lowered about another 3 inches, but that is it, or else the lower ski will not slide underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kawi-fan View Post
    How do you get the upper one up there?

+1
    Great idea.Is that a little sag in the middle? Or an illusion?No engineer, but would spreading that upper cradle help?

Quote Originally Posted by dockwalker View Post
    Great idea.Is that a little sag in the middle? Or an illusion?No engineer, but would spreading that upper cradle help?
    yep, a little bit, the rectangular tubing sections of the rails are 1.5" x 3", there is about 3/8" sag in the middle, I placed a string across to see how much there was.
    I was more concerned about the rails ladder stiffness, not to run into the rails twisting effect and such, a wider cradle would reduce rag a bit...the sag was instant and has not gotten larger, so it seems fine.
    I have the unit made so it can be dias-assembled on the ends, so the unit is able to stored flat against a wall when not in use.

+1
    Disassembly is a great idea++.I'm an overkill guy and one with Sh*$ for luck.I'd hear a clang in the middle of the night and my stuff would be on the floor.My brother could stack concrete blocks on it and keep it stored for decades!

lol...makes sense haha, i hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by dockwalker View Post
    Disassembly is a great idea++.I'm an overkill guy and one with Sh*$ for luck.I'd hear a clang in the middle of the night and my stuff would be on the floor.My brother could stack concrete blocks on it and keep it stored for decades!

Great idea! Newbie here so this might be a dumb question. How do you get the pwc off your trailer onto the stand? Do you use the ceiling hoist to lift it off and put it on the stand?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information