Mods for 2012 300x

Hey guys
    Just brought a 300x last month, only rode it in a flat freshwater lake so far. I would like to add some more top end power. What mods would be best advised? Cheers

For 99.9% of the people, this Ski already has enough "power" so frankly I wouldn't look to add more power. You can switch to a Turbo platform which will add more Power but this is a different topic altogether. If you really mean "speed", I see alot of my friends adding the Bolt on SCOM (speed control override module). This adds 3 or 4 mph depending on conditions. This is a relatively cheap Bolt on; RIVA and R&D both make one. Expect the Ski to drink more gas if you are really laying into the throttle using the SCOM module. JB

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia
    Search for Air Mods.

The other is the wedge.

My ski is 72mph most days. On a bad day, hot and choppy, it's 70. On a good day, cool and flat, it's 74.

There are ECU tunes and some early attempts on a pulley kit. These are being tested at the moment. My guess is you'll see 77 with a pulley but that's just a guess.

The ski is a machine but it's not going to be the fastest ski on a fresh water lake. A basic modded FZR will be quicker if the lake is smooth. As soon as it's a little bit choppy though, bye bye and smile your on the 300x doing 70 in the chop

Leave motor, SC and exhaust stock...just do the SCOM as mentioned ...and your bolt ons that are talked about in other threads..lots of reading info..hope for the mid 70s...enjoy

Mods for 2012 300x

Yeah I've been reading thur all morning guys are so helpful for novice like myself thanks heaps

Thread Information