Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

best bang for Your dollar ultra 260 mods?? help please

Hi all long time follower first time registered and posting!! Just brought another ultra 300x ski as a toy and have decided to keep my 09 260x as is only done 30hrs and do some mods to it..... so Im after some advice on what the best starting mods are any help would be great I Wana have some fun with this one as it will be just my toy

+1
    you've already had your best bang buying the 300 dont waste your money on the 260 its just never going to be a speed demon..we've all been there and the little gains you may or may not get arent worth it..

Yeah that's why I brought the 300 but now I have 2 I want to toy with the 260 just to have fun on while keeping the 300 stock for mates and family etc to ride as its brand new

If you haven't done so already on your 260, you should upgrade your Pump to current 300 specs ASAP. And I would be changing the oil regularly at 15 hours. Try to keep the oil level on the lower end of the Dipstick. Keep an eye peeled for any signs of water in the oil . . . this could be indicative of a cracked Head.

This is more info than you asked for, but it falls into the "good to know" category. And I agree with Post #2; not one dime or nickel of Mods on this Ski. The ROI is zero and in fact you may actually take steps backwards going that route. JB

+1
    I've had the same year as you have and the best bang for the buck i did on mine was the air vent front and back ,cleaning the silicone all around the pump and plate, the 2* wedge and little mods on the stock plate, with only that i was running 70mph all day but it all depend where you ride, offshore or river, for offshore use all the time, i wouldn't touch nothing and as JB said earlier do the pump righ away if you haven't done it yet before you end up with only your 300x

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    I've had the same year as you have and the best bang for the buck i did on mine was the air vent front and back ,cleaning the silicone all around the pump and plate, the 2* wedge and little mods on the stock plate, with only that i was running 70mph all day
    Not bad....

Ok what do I have to upgrade in the pump got a list of things? I'll do all the mods you recommended straight away

+1
    Try the search button there is alot of good info on pump upgrade

+1
    Check out post #7 by meangreenman:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...a+pump+upgrade

Also is it worth doin a medium pulley upgrade a Riva racing pro intake and a fuel pressure reg detup as I have lots of performance Cars and have regs and bits lying around from builds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information