Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Time to rebuild those superchargers!

I know the riding season is over for most of you. Take this down time to rebuild your superchargers rather than waiting for spring and rushing to get it done

Remember, it's best to rebuild these Sea Doo superchargers every 100 hours.

For those that don't know I offer a supercharger rebuilding service. Information on sending your supercharger to me for service is explained in this link
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

for those that prefer to rebuild it yourself I have the rebuild kits and necessary tools available in the forums online store.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!
    Jerry

+1
    And the myth of the 200hr s/c rebuild kit ?

+1
    Jerry how about the hard core riders at 50 hrs ....lol

+1
    Have a friend who just got his 07 RXT rebuilt by a dealer and was also told a 200hr kit was istalled!!! What's the deal??/

+1
    BRP states the new kits are good for 200 hour service limit. I myself would never do this. I like 75 hours myself

+1
    25HRS if its 15+ Boost and + 8600 RPM"S JMO!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper300 View Post
    25HRS if its 15+ Boost and + 8600 RPM"S JMO!!!

That's for the insane , don't give a sh.t .... Riders .....lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Have a friend who just got his 07 RXT rebuilt by a dealer and was also told a 200hr kit was istalled!!! What's the deal??/

here's my thought process on this..... and I could be wrong, but my theory holds merit....

I have seen many times people say on this forum that they would not buy a Sea Doo because the supercharger needs to be rebuilt every 100 hours.
    I think Sea Doo felt they were losing sales so they upped that number to every 200 hours. Now, will there be supercharger failures for extending the rebuild interval to 200 hours? Absolutely!
    I think in the grand scheme of things those warranty claims will be insignificant to Sea Doo compared to the sales they will gain by now boasting the supercharger can now go 200 hours. This was a smart business decision on their part / speculation on my part

YES, they did upgrade the metal washers which are very good washers. Will they go 200 hours? On a stock ski more than likely, but there was nothing done to upgrade the bearings.

Risk of bearing failure is the main reason to rebuild your supercharger every 100 hours. If your supercharger suffers a bearing failure then just toss it in the garbage. The impeller will be ruined and housings gouged up.

I venture to say that I rebuild more superchargers than anyone on this planet and have huge amount of experience in doing so and can tell you that my advice is to rebuild them every 100 hours.

just my two cents for what they're worth

+1
    What the man said, but also what has helped me is the oiling system. On the older skis, I was lucky to see correct slip past 20hrs in rough water. I'm getting over 100 with mixed riding.

I can honestly PLUG Jerry's work, as if he needs it. I still have Jerry rebuild my SC's. I don't have to. I could do it pretty easy myself, and in a pinch, I do.

Also, I've seen the so-called "professionals" on here that rebuild SC's especially out west. You can't imagine what damage happens from over-torqued shafts and mis-aligned oil holes.

+1
    Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Candoopro reads and displays the hours off the ski. Here is a quick summary:

On late models, hours are stored in three areas, all computed differently:

1. The cluster reports "ski powered up hours". This value is typically the largest value.
    2. The ECU stores "runtime hours", in other words, the time the engine is actually running. This is typically the lowest value.
    3. The ECU also stores a supercharger hours value. This number depends on how hard you push the engine. It increments the counter at about 1/2 hour to the hour at idle, and about 2 hours to the hour at WOT.

So if you ride like an old lady, your supercharger light will go on at about 125 real hours, if you ride like a maniac, then your light will come on at like 75 hours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information