Replacement Oil Lines

What does everybody like to use as replacement oil lines? Just stick with OEM or is there a less expensive better option?

Regarding the OEM oil lines, the micro fiche only identifies lines before the check valves. I assume that this part comes with enough line to do the whole run from the pump to the carb?

As an example, is #16 in the oil pump microfiche (part #90445-07007-00) the correct part for the entire oil line or just the piece that goes from pump to check valve?
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....7&c=0-OIL-PUMP

+1
    I always use the yellow TYGON from the local auto parts store. I think it's 3/32".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by netsean02 View Post
    What does everybody like to use as replacement oil lines? Just stick with OEM or is there a less expensive better option?

Regarding the OEM oil lines, the micro fiche only identifies lines before the check valves. I assume that this part comes with enough line to do the whole run from the pump to the carb?

As an example, is #16 in the oil pump microfiche (part #90445-07007-00) the correct part for the entire oil line or just the piece that goes from pump to check valve?
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....7&c=0-OIL-PUMP
    #16 is just the piece from the pump to the check valve. I used OEM lines when I redid mine and I had to order 6 different lines (ie before and after the check valve for each cylinder). I'm probably the only one here who used OEM lines, most everyone else uses Tygon or other good quality aftermarket oil lines.

Ok good to know. I'll probably just use tygon as well then. If those OEM parts are $15 a piece and I need 6 of them that's a lot of cash for hoses. Also, I can't for the life of me find the OEM oil line part number for the hose between the check valve and the carb.

+1
    Each of the "6" lines on my ski have their own part number and I spent about $15 total for all 6. So yeah if your's are $15 a piece...that's too much.

+1
    I found all size tygon lines at a small engine shop that repairs chain saws and weed eaters, Tommy Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I found all size tygon lines at a small engine shop that repairs chain saws and weed eaters, Tommy Jordan
    +1 and a good shop will have choices of colors.
    Oh, make sure you clean and ops check those valves, they do have a purpose.....

Thread Information