Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 FZS or FX SHO which to buy

I've done a bit of research but nothing is as good as actual test rides or advice from other owners!
    Pls HELP what PWC should I purchase based on the following:

1. Nimble, fun as a I like to ride fast and fearless
    2. 3 person able to ride with my wife and once in awhile my daughter 5yo
    3. Able to wakeboard behind having my wife drive
    4. Fun in ocean chop & bay/gulf areas
    5. Fun around the mangroves, Gulf of Florida, in and around South Fl, Marco Island (home)
    6. Light fishing
    7. Yearly trip with others to Key West

Was leaning towards a 2012FXSHO however wasn't sure if it will be nimble, sprite and able to hold great turns!

Thanks in advance for any advice and please know the brand of choice for me is Yamaha

+1
    welcome to GH. i would ask what most of your riding will be ??? fast and fearless or with wife child ??? is handling and speed is you main concern, the by all means, get the FZS, just tone it down when you have passengers, if your going to have the family in tow most of the time, the FXSHO would the better choice, just my opinion......

+1
    I had similar wants as you and ended up with the FZS.... sometime in rough water I wish I has the SHO and sometime in smooth water I wish I had the VXS. That being said I think I picked a great all around ski

My ski is pretty new to me but it is a blast so far!

Would have to say....
    50% just me onboard
    50% wife or daughter along for a ride
    In the future I am certain we will buy another ski, however for know it needs to be the perfect multi use, similar to a BMW 550 XDrive, Fast, Stable, Seats Five, All Wheel Drive yet very sporty!

If i knew the 2012 FX SHO handled extremely well and was very nimble i think that would be the best ski, and/or if the FZS was very stable and could pull a wakeboarder well then that would be the ski?

+1
    both will be very nimble and able to pull a wakeboarder all day!!!!!!! i believe the FZ is going to be faster the FX in stock form, i'm sure some others will pipe in sooner or later

+1
    They are both great skis; you can't go wrong with either of them.
    But if I was going to be riding in ocean chop and with my family half the time, then I would have to go with the FX SHO.

We had two of the older FX models and we loved them. The FX hulls are a little different and they have always had a better bite in the chop; the new 2012 model is the pinnacle of this line and if you head to a dealer for a demo ride on both units I think you will see what I'm saying.

+1
    I just bought the 2013 FX SHO and to be honest is a very smooth, sturdy and quick ski. I ride on my own and take my two kids on it, I do wave jumping and also smooth water riding and the stability on it is great. I have just run it in, i know the speedo isnt totally accurate however I was sitting on 70mph with slight chop and my ski is stock. it has 3 hours on the clock and you can throw it around and was comfortable. I would say go the FX SHO for what you want. It is also a 3 seater.

+1
    Fx hull hands down when you are going to have a passenger w you !!! I might be biased however my girl even prefers the fx over the fz so maybe that means something to you

+1
    If you're going to be riding the deleware river mostly and 1/2 the time with your family. I'd recommend the fxsho. The overall ride quality is nicer and the top speed is only 1-2 mph slower than the fZ models(stock) The FZ would be a good 2nd ski for you in the future.

If you decide to buy a leftover 2012 model. Confirm with the dealer that it has the 2013 clutch installed. I wouldn't recommend a ski with the 2011-2012 clutch to anyone.

The 2013 boat show is Feb in atlantic city. That is where the best deals are on 2013 models(show prices have a 4 year extended warranty included). Once the boat show specials end in march. you'll be a rape victim on a new ski purchase until september, when they try to sell the leftovers.

Thanks for all the replies it looks like the best plan to make everyone at home happy is a 2012 FX SHO. I found what I believe is a good deal $11800 + tax + reg on a 2012 FX SHO?

KAMIKAZI GPR you recommended it have the 2013 clutch? Would a 2012 have that clutch, if not should i ask them to install for free or whats the cost???? And more importantly whats with the 2012 clutch?

What are the prices like at the AC boat show in Feb?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information