+1

Destin/Panama City

Heading down to the Destin area on Dec. 26th till January 2. Any suggestions on good places to ride? Also if anyone wants to meet up and ride, let me know.

Thanks

+1
    A couple of great trails right here: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html The 2nd, 3rd, & 4th trails listed are what you're looking for. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

+1
    If I were not offshore I would come join you for a ride. Contact member spinaker. He is not that far away. May have some good suggestions. I have not riden there but I am sure anywhere sightseeing along the coastlines of the bay or a cruise up or down the intracoastal would be nice. All protected if it is too rough on the outside.

+1
    Thanks fellas!

+1
    right now cold and crappy,by time you get here might some big surf and air temp not to bad

destin,fwb,santa rosa bch and panama were my old stomping grounds for 20 years....dont know where youre staying at in destin but at this time of year the gulf,east pass and the bay can beat your brains out....trust me on this....if you want a 40 mile round trip of sheer glass....hit THE DITCH....if you go east 98 just past santa rosa bch and turn left onto county road 395 which takes you to point washington and tucker bayou...put in at ramp go out bayou and turn right into the mouth of THE DITCH...this was dug out by corp of engineers and takes you 18-20 miles all the way over to westbay....its approx 100-150 ft wide about 12 ft deep in center and surrounded by 60-70 ft burms,white sand dunes,a few creeks and lots of places to beach....the large burms and dunes keep the wind out for the most part and lots of straight aways to run wide open...alot of the local fisherman use the ditch to hunker their boats down when a decent size hurricane comes in.....lots of fun ive had there...shrimp boats and barges were a blast when they came through....you could jump their wake for miles on end with no interference and really catch some decent air....still got a mark on my arm where i ate the handlebars about 15 years ago.....have fun...be careful.....depending on your fuel economy you can go past westbay and into st andrews bat at p.c. but will be back in the chop if windy....keep us posted on where ya rode

just got to thinking about it...i would say from destin to pt washington depending on traffic....20 - 30 minute drive.......and well worth it...good luck and stay off crab island this time of year....it can be a byotch

Thread Information