Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wedges

+1

Wedges

I know a company that makes plastic parts using stereolithoghraphy to make parts. I asked him how little of a run he would do and he stated 25. If I had 3 different size wedges to bring him, he could make all 3 and run 25 parts each one.

Is there any interest here wanting 2,4,6 degree wedges? I have a 4 here to use. I can get the other 2 on here probably....I can ask him how much for the 75 run of the 3. Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind having a few around myself. The technique is quite interesting how its made. Very close tolerance too.

I'll buy a set..

We'll see how much they come out to. Is 15.00 a good deal for each one?

What are your thoughts...? Any interest in buying a set? If we buy 1 set each , we need 25 people then.. Or eBay the rest.....

Banned User
    +1
    I like the idea a lot if it can work out. I would go for at least 1 set.

+1
    Wedges seem to be hard to find solid info on IMO. Are they necessary or beneficial if you have trim? If so, @ $15.00 a piece I'd buy a set.

+1
    They are a must have. They change the direction of the thrust out the back. The higher degree wedge, the higher the water is pointed out the back and pushes the rear of the ski down to lift the front up. Depending on your set up you will get different top speed and handling. Of course, there are a lot other variables that affect the ride..ie...rider weight, rider position,type of skiing, AT&T,extensions,trim,ride plate all come into play.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    They are a must have. They change the direction of the thrust out the back. The higher degree wedge, the higher the water is pointed out the back and pushes the rear of the ski down to lift the front up. Depending on your set up you will get different top speed and handling. Of course, there are a lot other variables that affect the ride..ie...rider weight, rider position,type of skiing, AT&T,extensions,trim,ride plate all come into play.

That and a GOOD set of Keihin carbs and you'll be flying on any ski !!!!!!!! LOL

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post

That and a GOOD set of Keihin carbs and you'll be flying on any ski !!!!!!!! LOL
    What's wrong with keihins?
    Last edited by K447; 12-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    other than most guys can't tune a 3 jet setup,and the accl pump problems??the 42 race keihins i had were badass.2 jet setup no accl pump,way better on gas consumption than the mikuni's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post

What's wrong with keihins?
    Nothing it's a little inside joke

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    other than most guys can't tune a 3 jet setup,and the accl pump problems??the 42 race keihins i had were badass.2 jet setup no accl pump,way better on gas consumption than the mikuni's.
    Maybe better on fuel but not if you want your motor to build REAL power thats a fact and yes the 42's are very good ,when i have a motor built to run hard i'm not looking for fuel consuption then you might as well leave it stock

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    yeah i know i'm getting old.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information