Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

98 GSX lim add ons

Do u guys recommend a sponson upgrade on this craft?? Also the R&D aquavein grate .. And if so does this require any rejetting or anything I want to stick to basic bolt on upgrades I'm not looking to upgrade motor it's fast enough just want to improve handling and preformance for what I have .. I did read bens mods and that's amazing just a lil much for me ...anyways any input is always appreciated!!

Re: 98 GSX lim add ons

No need to rejet for those type of mods. All depends on what you are doing with the ski. Intake grate will help it hook up but slow your top speed down. Sponsons will make it handle better but will scrub some speed also. Look into an impeller will change accel and top speed

+1

98 GSX lim add ons

Thanks a lot ! good info! I'm really just looking to make it run as efficient and close to factory as possible my current intake grate is very corroded with lake junk so I was thinking of replacing/cleaning when I noticed the new ones were reasonable I was thinking of those.. And sponsons..any tips on hull clear coat or shine restoration mine is slightly faded and would like to bring back shine !! Thanks again!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I personally wouldnt change the sponsons and have you actually seen what must be done to achieve this? PITA!!

+1
    While it is a little time consuming, sponsons are the best handling mod to do to any ski hands down. Take your time and do them right and you won't ever have a problem with them!

3m 05954 is the compound I use with a bugging wheel to clean up the hull of the gsx I just recently picked up. The sponsons are a pita but worth it, I was told don't bother with a ride plate and an intake grate is always a good idea. I would pull the carbs and delete the accel pump and rejet and put a set of prok's. I hate that stock intake setup

+1

98 GSX lim add ons

Again great info thanks for all the help.. I just had the carbs rebuilt and all fuel lines replaced on them.. But didnt realize I needed to delete accel pump and rejet.. It that specifically for the intake grate addition or just preformance booster .. Thanks for the compound i will try that!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177524

I have a set of sponson, if you still interested.

+1

98 GSX lim add ons

Thanks everyone for the suggestions .. Jet I am gonna hold off on the sponsons for now but I am looking for and intake grate .. Also on that subject I noticed the two back bolts thread into ride plate and the front a gel like substance .. Unfortunately I broke one of the bolts off while removing the front ones any tips on either replacing gel or removing other screw other than Drilling it would be greatly appreciated..And anyone know where I can pick up a grease gun with correct nipple size for the PTO and driveshaft bearing case ? Thanks!!

Any grease gun will work. I got mine from harbo freight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information