Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTI chim walking

Hey, I,ve got a 2009 GTi 255 is ,that chim walks at half trottle, is it common on this model or have I got a problem ,just put riva sponsons on made no difference. I,ve gone from a RXP-x 255 which sat straight in the water no matter what. Any idea,s

+1
    I may be slow, but what is chim walking .... what do you mean?

+1
    Interesting saying, I am also interested in the definition.

Do you mean stability or tracking issues... Chine? - the stern of the craft wondering perhaps?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post

Do you mean stability or tracking issues... Chine? - the stern of the craft wondering perhaps?
    +1

Banned User
    +1

Is it wondering or wandering?

maybe it,s just my definition but it comes from chims on a vessle or the keel and the boat falls from side to side as it's driven along.Which is what my seadoo is doing ,it will fall off the centre line of the boat aprox 4-5 degrees either side as your going along at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle,,,which give you a feeling your just started a turn which you have'nt

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Ahh, you mean "chine walking"

A lot of hulls will swing from side to side at a certain speed. Even my RXP did it at certain low speed. Once I put a Riva Open Loop plate on it, I could then get it to lay over to one side or the other and stay there at a certain speed until the dynamics of the hull took over once the speed picked up. My GPR does it at low speed. Must hulls will do it at some point when just off plane and the speed is maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by schubs View Post
    maybe it,s just my definition but it comes from chims on a vessle or the keel and the boat falls from side to side as it's driven along.Which is what my seadoo is doing ,it will fall off the centre line of the boat aprox 4-5 degrees either side as your going along at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle,,,which give you a feeling your just started a turn which you have'nt

+1
    Wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Is it wondering or wandering?

+1
    Ok, I see what you mean, chine walking - starboard to port, port to starboard...

+1
    Thanks for sharing this. I see it on my 2011GTI 155 Limited now and again. It appears to be normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Ahh, you mean "chine walking"

A lot of hulls will swing from side to side at a certain speed. Even my RXP did it at certain low speed. Once I put a Riva Open Loop plate on it, I could then get it to lay over to one side or the other and stay there at a certain speed until the dynamics of the hull took over once the speed picked up. My GPR does it at low speed. Must hulls will do it at some point when just off plane and the speed is maintained.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information