Help selecting trailer-friendly hotel by Miami?

My friends and I are planning on making a trip down to Miami with our skis this summer. We would like to stay in a hotel that is under $300 or so per night, and have a place to keep our tow vehicles / trailers.

I've only been to Miami twice, and I flew both times.... I have no idea what it is like having a vehicle and a trailer with me. I assume staying in South Beach is out of the question because it looks like parking is very limited, although I found a few reasonably prices hotels like the Wyndham Gardens (but it has no parking lot).

We would like to take the skis out during the day, then park them at night and take a taxi to South Beach for bars and nightlife. Preferably, we want to stay within 10 miles or so of the city so we don't have too much of an inconvenience for taxi fares, etc. Since we would be leaving the skis on the trailers at night, we would hope to have the vehicles parked somewhere that is relatively safe.

Can someone recommend what we should do? Possibly name a hotel if you know of one that has trailer parking? Or is there an alternative solution that I have not thought of?

I appreciate any help!!

+1
    Don’t know much about a hotel that has parking for skis, But f you don’t mind me making a suggestion, You can look online for the nearest Public Storage, the have a special for the first month of $ 1. Total cost would be less than $50, that includes insurance and a pad lock. I think that you can’t beat that.
    You can give that a try, and the skis will be indoor and safe.

+1
    i have lived in miami for 26 years and i wouldn't leave my ski outside of a hotel parking lot for more than 1 hour. . . i would consider the above suggested public storage unit/// but not leave them in any lot !!!!! just my honest opinion . . .

+1
    That's why I suggested that lol

+1
    I visit Miami on a regular basis for business and can make a few recommendations. The Crowne Plaza by the airport has a gated and secured parking lot with security guards that should be able to accommodate your vehicle and trailer and I would feel comfortable leaving my trailer there if I wanted to take my car out. The better option in my opinion is the Hampton Inn in Brickell. The parking lot is multi level with card access and a security guard at the entrance. Every time I have been there, there have only been cars on the first level of parking so you could easily take up 4 spots for your vehicle and trailer. This location is two blocks to Brickell Village and has lots of restaurants and more than a few clubs. It is also closer to South Beach. Check out their website, this hotel is not like any other Hampton Inn, but more like a high end Miami hotel. Also the rates should be quite reasonable due to it being summer time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    i have lived in miami for 26 years and i wouldn't leave my ski outside of a hotel parking lot for more than 1 hour. . . i would consider the above suggested public storage unit/// but not leave them in any lot !!!!! just my honest opinion . . .
    why not??? pay a baser $20 bucks and he'll sleep on top of it. and call you if anything,, since they all got obama free phones now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    why not??? pay a baser $20 bucks and he'll sleep on top of it. and call you if anything,, since they all got obama free phones now.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips!!

So far the Hampton Inn is looking good, but I am looking into storage as well. I appreciate the help!

+1
    I would feel 100% safe leaving my skis in the parking garage at the Hampton Inn, of course you would need to confirm with them that they allow them. I am down there in a couple of weeks and could take some pictures of the parking garage if it helps.

+1
    I can't stress this enough. Your skis will disappear in a flash any where in south Fl.
    If they can't take the skis they will steal the seats... Yeah its that bad.
    Just triple lock everything and insure your skis.
    Best of luck!!!

Thread Information