Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo bilge pump kit -295100359

Hey guys. I am looking to install the Seadoo bilge pump, the part 295100359 for my 2011 GTI 155 Limited, and a I have a couple questions:

- I see Seadoo suggest housing the outlet hole 'below' the waterline, at the rear just above the iBR guard. However I see many other manufacturers suggest mounting the outlet above the water line.

- What are the benefits, if any, of below the waterline?

- Is the Seadoo kit pump, the Rule 460 gph, suitable capacity for most events where a pump would be utilized?

- I can't find specs on the 460, in fact seems to have been discontinued, as it is not on the Rule website. Perhaps the Seadoo kit has a newer model, or is the 460 made and only available to Seadoo?

All feedback on this kit and questions above will be appreciated.

+1

I'd create your own kit. Atleast use a rule 750 gph pump with an auto setting. Wire straight to the battery with a 3 way switch on off and auto and put the outlet above the water line

+1

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Lots of great info in this thread.

Outlet should be placed where you can see it running, above the waterline!

Auto-Off-On switch is the best setup also, so that you can verify it works before each outing.

It is very smart to install bilge pumps, and several of us have saved our skis because of them. Consider two of them while your at it....

Are you suggesting to install two because that would eliminate a single point of failure? Or because one isn't enough to pump out enough water in event of a possible sinking?

I had a dealer install the SeaDoo bilge option on my '12 RXT-X... but I would have another installed if it is necessary or recommended.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    Are you suggesting to install two because that would eliminate a single point of failure? Or because one isn't enough to pump out enough water in event of a possible sinking?
    For both reasons.

IF you get a hole in your hull or something all the bilge pump will do at best is give you longer to get to safety. Having two gives you a bit longer.

Remember tho, the bilge pump ratings for gallons per hour are for pumping a volume of water along a short horizontal hose. In the rear world (i.e our jetskis) we need to pump the water up and out so a 750 rule pump will pump 400 to 500 gph once you are lifting the water up 30cm or so to get it out.

Having two pumps is also for when one fails, and it will given sods law in the marine environment.

I mount one on the very bottom of the hull at the lowest point, another on the other side 3cm from the hull floor - My theory is, with all the debris and other bits of junk that float around in the bottom of the hull, the lowest mounted one may snag up and fail so having one away from all the debris helps to eliminate this.

I am also thinking of installing a 3rd one, another Rule 1100gph.

If you get the Rule ones with 3 wires (Automatic later ones), you can run it is manual or automatic mode. You can also use the 3rd wire (that is used for manual mode) to power a tell tail lamp on the dash (when in automatic mode) so you can have a visual of when the pump is running. Very helpful as you don't always notice that you have water coming our of the bilge pump, but a red LEd flashing at you on the dash...

Regards BVG

Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    For both reasons.

IF you get a hole in your hull or something all the bilge pump will do at best is give you longer to get to safety. Having two gives you a bit longer.

Remember tho, the bilge pump ratings for gallons per hour are for pumping a volume of water along a short horizontal hose. In the rear world (i.e our jetskis) we need to pump the water up and out so a 750 rule pump will pump 400 to 500 gph once you are lifting the water up 30cm or so to get it out.

Having two pumps is also for when one fails, and it will given sods law in the marine environment.

I mount one on the very bottom of the hull at the lowest point, another on the other side 3cm from the hull floor - My theory is, with all the debris and other bits of junk that float around in the bottom of the hull, the lowest mounted one may snag up and fail so having one away from all the debris helps to eliminate this.

If you get the Rule ones with 3 wires (Automatic later ones), you can run it is manual or automatic mode. You can also use the 3rd wire (that is used for manual mode) to power a tell tail lamp on the dash (when in automatic mode) so you can have a visual of when the pump is running. Very helpful as you don't always notice that you have water coming our of the bilge pump, but a red LEd flashing at you on the dash...

Regards BVG
    The LED indicator is a great idea. I didn't realize that the manual wire would be energized when set to auto with the pump running. Very good tip!

Thanks!

+1

The LED indicator is a great idea. I didn't realize that the manual wire would be energized when set to auto with the pump running. Very good tip!

Thanks!
    Don't forget to use a resistor to take the voltage down from 12+ v to that of the LED you are going to run

Nor did I even think of this until I saw it stated on an ebay listing for these pumps. The chap is still selling them on ebay, ha has been for years now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RULE-500-1...item4cf866a7b6
    Last edited by Badvgood; 12-28-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: More info

+1
    Good discussion guys.

BVG is your Seadoo pump the Rule 460 - the red white and blue pump?
    Is it automatic, coming on every couple mins checking for water?
    Have you seen it active or been in a condition where you had to use it?
    Is the outlet near the iBR guard at the stern?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    For both reasons.

Regards BVG

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Lots of great info in this thread.

Outlet should be placed where you can see it running, above the waterline!

Auto-Off-On switch is the best setup also, so that you can verify it works before each outing.

It is very smart to install bilge pumps, and several of us have saved our skis because of them. Consider two of them while your at it....
    JT - that is an awesome thread you posted, thanks! Lots to consider!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Good discussion guys.

BVG is your Seadoo pump the Rule 460 - the red white and blue pump?
    Is it automatic, coming on every couple mins checking for water?
    Have you seen it active or been in a condition where you had to use it?
    Is the outlet near the iBR guard at the stern?
    Thanks
    I have the Rule 27D from this list http://rulepumpsupply.com/Bilge_Pumps.html

It's the auto one that comes on every few minutes and checks for resistance.

A case where I have had to use it.....errrr....... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater - That's me sinking!!! Did not have it installed so now I know all about these things!

As for the outlet above the IBR guard, I have a 2006 ski so its very different. In this post Glade Rider (post #1, picture 5) http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190251 has mounted his pressure relief outlets there - BUT you don't need to see when these are working as where even with an LED Tell tail it's good to have a visual on a bilge pump outlet.
    Last edited by Badvgood; 12-28-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information