General Motec questions

Is the M400 - M800 ECU and the one sold for the Sea-Doo RXP essentially the same internally? Processor, fundamental internal code, tuning options...

Is there a page somewhere out on the net that explains how acceleration enrichment is tuned on these devices?

On the RXP package, it appears that timing TPS based. How is that valid on a turbo application?

Just trying to get my head around the options...

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Is the M400 - M800 ECU and the one sold for the Sea-Doo RXP essentially the same internally? Processor, fundamental internal code, tuning options...
    Hi
    M84/400/600/800 are essentiall all the same platform.

The new M1 ECU is dramatically different, in almost everyway, too much to go into here but you can search other threads I have written about it and view our webinars on the M1 linked from our website www.motec.com

Is there a page somewhere out on the net that explains how acceleration enrichment is tuned on these devices?

mmm not sure
    But if you press the F1 key when you are in each of the accel screens you get a reasonable explanation there. (M400)
    You can study and experiment based on what you learn from that then ask questions if you like.

On the RXP package, it appears that timing TPS based. How is that valid on a turbo application?

Which RXP package?
    We have a number of start files for both the M400 based ECU and the M1
    The start file is set for the supercharged version, in both ECU's you can change from TP based to MAP based if you wish and for pump gas turbo applications thats what I would do, however you can run TP based if you are using race fuel as there is often no requirement to retard the timing based on boost if boost levels remain under 30 PSI and even if they go above this you can set up a secondary ign map to retard a little if required, for racing TP based ign gives the best responce and lots of options with power reduction.

Andy
    Cheers

Pete

Pete, is there a good explanation of how to adjust the Acceleration Enrichment on your M1 software anywhere on the net?

Andy

Also, what is the difference between Fuel Injector Duty Cycle and Fuel Volume? I would think this would be a function when plotted on a scatter plot.

How do I see the raw values in the VE table?

I am just curious why the timing tables at throttle based as opposed to MAP based.

Just trying to get my head around the fine tuning stuff....

Andy

It appears that "Fuel Injector Duty Cycle" should really be named "Fuel Injector Base Duty Cycle Before AE". Fuel Volume appears to include AE.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post

Andy
    Sorry
    Have deleted this post as I have already answered it previously

Thread Information