+1

Question sho mods..... what to do next

Hey guys, I have not done anything to my ski in a couple of years and now it is time to start again. I have not kept up with all the changes but I know a lot has been learned since my absence. You can see in my signature what mods I currently have. I was thinking I needed a rrfpr to keep the fuel flow constant. Also I get a lot of low end cavitation with this prop so I was thinking about changing to a Skat 13/22 as I have read that they do not cavitate as much. Also I am going to get the R&D anti cavitation transom plate mod. Do these mods seem to be the next logical steps? What else would you recommend?
    I have spent several days now reading posts as to what you guys have been doing since I have been gone and I thought that I needed a 160mm prop setup but now after reading I do not think I have enough power to spin it.

Thanks for the help I know I will get from you all. This forum has always been great with members helping each other. This is why I keep coming back.

regards,
    Matt

have your filled the transom and grate voids ? a skat prop would be an improvement over the solas as its more of a top speed prop.from there you can play with impeller pitch cones and exit nozzle diameter to tame the ski down on the holeshot.you can also trim down and shift your weight foward to keep the pump loaded while launching then shift back and trim up when on plane.it wont totally cure the cavitation but those are the only remedies short of a pump prop setup i can think of.hope it helps get you goin

+1
    I think your loosing at lot of speed with your rpms at 8100. You should want to be in the 8600 range to achieve more power hence more mph, like low 80's. Repitch is what I would do to get the most out of your set up.

+1
    The grate voids were filled with the kit when I installed the grate. The transom plate will be filled very soon. As far as the prop and exit nozzle go I need to get a prop suitable for my mods. I am thinking a 13/22 Skat, what do you guys think. Also what exit nozzle diameter ring do you think I should start with. Thanks again for the replies as I said before it has been a while since I really have kept up with this forum. Also anyone have a prop or exit nozzle for sale?

your gonna need to leave the leading edge at 15 with the skat try a tbm pump cone and a 82mm ring.you will likely lose a rpm & speed but the holeshot will tame down in exchange for more thrust.from there lower the trailing edge from 22 down until you hit your target rpm/boost again and speed rises.if you want to go 80+ you need around 15psi so either put a e1 wheel keeping rpms the same or pitch the prop to 8300-8500rpm with the b1.

+1
    You gotta be careful when you start decreasing the nozzle size. Too much pressure will cause you a lot of problems and a potentially dangerous situation.

+1true but i think thats mainly on the fzr.ive been told the sho's have a larger pump tunnel.ive seen a few guys running pump cones and small rings on them no issues just lower rpms loss in holeshot.look into a tunnel reinforcement and always be careful doing one change at a time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    +1true but i think thats mainly on the fzr.ive been told the sho's have a larger pump tunnel.ive seen a few guys running pump cones and small rings on them no issues just lower rpms loss in holeshot.look into a tunnel reinforcement and always be careful doing one change at a time.
    The FZR/s have a larger pump tunnel than the SHO. I think you have it reversed.

Thread Information