951 eletrical problems

Hi everybody.I got a 1998 seadoo gtx limited.first of all,i've been trying to solve an issue with top end(hi rpms).it started to run intermitent above 6000 rpm.idlle was good,and it will take off preety good.i got so tired of trying to fix the problem that i kept using it that way.all i did was keep the throttle about 60% opened to avoid reaching the rpms where the intermittence hapened.then it started having issues with cranking.when i pushed the start/stop switch it would crank intermitent.i could hear the starter motor going,stoping and going again,but it would eventualy run.i thougth it was just a bad start/stop switch.then the last time i rode it,it got to the point that i could not get it to run,so i cameback towed.i chaged the start/stop switch but still cranks intermittent.then for some reason i disconected the gray conector that goes to the stator cover and it cranked good.next thing i tryed,since i know that conector caries the stator wires along with the pickup coil(trigger) wires,i removed the stator wires from the conector,i reconected the conector to the stator cover and tryed craking it,and still had the same results.so basically it will only crank when the trigger coil is disconected.I don't understand how is the trigger signal related to cranking.I tryed another trigger coil(used),another mpem(used) and another magnet cup(used) and the porblem still there.help me please,These is my stress killer,Ineed it running.

All right evereybody,I've got it.I started trying random things,I relocated the mpem ground wire that goes to the side of the stator cover to the batery ground terminal,and it cranked right,and it ran good.so i had a ground miscontact.

I had a similar issue with mine. Thanks for the info!

Thread Information