Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Sea doo Tec selling supercharger on Craigslist question

Craigslist ad:
    Used in good shape. Motor had 84 hrs. Asking $300

my story:
    I contacted this person for there ad on Craigslist. They said that they used the sea doo for another project and only used parts out of it. I later found out that it still had the ceramic washers and was not rebuilt. The person said that they are a sea doo Tec and could rebuild it for me for $400. I then told them I could get the scer for $150 from someone else (not rebuilt) and asked if they could give me it for $250 beeing rebuilt by them. He came back and said $300 because the kit is $230 for them. I did not reply so they came back and said $250 would be acceptable.

my question is how do I make sure that they have actually rebuilt the supercharger and that it all checks out as beeing good? If I got the receipt from them will other sea doo dealers warranty it if it fails since it was done by a sea doo Tec? I just don't want to buy a scer that has been rebuilt poorly or that has not even been rebuilt.
    I will attach pictures of the scer from the ad in a few minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	289227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	289228  

+1
    First I would buy one in swap in sell. If your hell bent buy it as is haggle down low and send it to Jerry it will be done by the best. My personal opinion is most on this site are credible so goto swap and sell post wtb a supercharger and you will get many on here ready to sell you one. Anyone of which will be trustworthy most of time

+1
    Here's other statements from the person with the supercharger:

I use OEM parts. Seen too many Riva washers in the bottom of sumps LOL

Everything but the supercharger housing and rotor gets replaced. Bearings, spacers, shaft, washers, all of it.

The ski I pulled it out of was a customer's and it had fiberglass damage. The insurance wouldn't cover it. It didn't take on water or get swamped. It was a high hit on a dock above the rubrail.I bought it to convert my LRV over to a 4tec S/C

I trust my work. I have been a certified Sea Doo tech for 14 yrs. Currently working in a dealership not at home in my garage. The supercharger is what it is. You know what you are looking for.

Those are all emails from the same person.

+1
    Listen to my reply and move on trust this site it's the best jetski site in the world bar none!!!!

+1
    I have a post in swap and have someone offer me one for $150 for a salt water scer. Although not rebuilt. I still have the scer in my ski I could take out and send in to be rebuilt but it seems that buying this one already rebuilt is cheaper than sending mine in to be rebuilt from Jerry. I wonder if I could send it to Jerry already rebuilt and if he would verify that everything was done correctly and looked good. They say they use the same kit that Jerry uses to rebuild. I can meet the person in person to make the transaction so I know I would not be screwed out of my money and not receive anything, I just don't know how to tell what I would be getting if it was truly rebuilt and all.

+1
    Ok I see no here's your answer sorry your approach was misleading take your supercharger out and send it to Jerry. He has the kit and he will charge a small labor fee and kit cost and trust me he like top dog so you are in the right hands. Delete your post. Save your 150 put it towards your rebuild Jerry is as honest as it gets by the way if you did not know greenhulk's is his website or masterpiece he created

+1
    If the SC was rebuilt the washers will be black very easy to tell. IMO do what you are comfortable with as the SC is the heart of the motor.

+1
    Bingo Steve absolutely correct!!! I'm assuming here seeming he is a semi newbie I would trust Jerry with His sc over what he would buy verses what he has to rebuild send his to Jerry and be done I have a transfusion machine he can use for two weeks

+1
    I have talked to Jerry already and no this is his site. But the rebuild would cost over $400 from Jerry after shipping cost, $320 for the rebuild kit and $75 labor. I'm going to college so if I can buy it for cheaper and have Jerry verify that it is good that would be ideal. The sea doo Tec told me they would give me the receipt for the scer as well. Idk if that would get me some kind of security if it ever broke if I could take it back to sea doo and have them cover it.

+1
    your not going to find a fresh rebuild complete SC for less or equal to the rebuild price, if you do ppl are selling shit way to cheap, just send out what you have to Jerry

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information