Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Spped/RPM too low?

Based on the mods that I have listed in my signature. Are my speeds/rpms too low (I'm in salt water). I run consistent 74+mph but I'm only turning 8160rpms. I was thinking I would be closer to 8400 and more closer to 75-76. What prop is normally used by people with similar mods? Also my ski is bouncing like crazy in flat calm water, it was also with a full tank and me (205lbs) as far up front as possible. It's actual bouncing where it creates wakes everytime it hits so I'm thinking there are some .x mph lost there? I'm going to go back to my stock sponsons as I don't like the lean that comes with the RIVA at low speeds.

So my main questions are
    1. are my rpms too low with my current prop with the reflash
    2. if #1 is yes then what are my options - stock prop, or try to see why my rpms are too low
    3. is my speed too low
    4. how do I eliminate this bounce
    5. how hard is it to replace the steering cable, mine broke during my last speed run

+1
    Not sure what prop to use, but getting your rpms up will increase speed and significantly reduce the bounce you are having. Same thing happened to me.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    B1 you should be real close to 80..... I'd see what everyone else says but I'd open up the prop some and set the rpm's at like 8500

+1
    first off I would check the prop and see if it is a true 13/22 and if so I would drop the trailing edge down to a 20, and maybe the leading to a 14 possibly 15

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'd also get rid of that bouncy ass Riva plate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    I think he just has to shim the plate and get it lined up properly. What plate would you recommend Rick? Btw rcapone I got a lot more speed when I changed from the 13/22 to the solas 15/22 prop...and make sure you get the pitch right for where you want rpms. I think you also need to get a boost gauge and make sure you're getting the boost you should at that rpm so you know you're not leaking anywhere. Your ski most likely also needs some air. I have the same year SHO as you and venting my hull increased my boost 2lbs (went from 12lb to [email protected]).
    Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 12-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.

+1
    Funny you say that, everyone told me to get rid of my R&D and get the RIVA......
    I had the R&D on before and the results were the same. Only change was that I had the modded stock exhaust on. But the bounce was the same. In light chop it was hard as hell to get it to hook up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    I think he just has to shim the plate and get it lined up properly. What plate would you recommend Rick? Btw rcapone I got a lot more speed when I changed from the 13/22 to the solas 15/22 prop...and make sure you get the pitch right for where you want rpms. I think you also need to get a boost gauge and make sure you're getting the boost you should at that rpm so you know you're not leaking anywhere. Your ski most likely also needs some air. I have the same year SHO as you and venting my hull increased my boost 2lbs (went from 12lb to [email protected]).
    I had a boost gauge, hope I can find it now.
    Can you share some pics of your ventilation? Before I do anything else though I need to get a new steering cable. Unfortunate thing is that no one locally (to my knowledge re pitch props), so I'm stuck with what comes from the factory, I think I know someone with a 15/22 though.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo32n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	289289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo31kk.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	289288

I wish you could find someone to pitch the prop, because that is what puts you where you want to be.

+1
    Even with that pitch, you should be closer to 80. Your combo is similar to mine, and I'm just shy of 80, and could probably hit it with a repitch. Main differences is I have a Skat 13/23 and R3, but I've heard there's not much difference in the R2 and R3 at top speed, just acceleration, unless that's B.S. I was at 74.?? with the B1 and powershot before I got the reflash.
    Oh, just noticed, you're on a SHO, my speeds are on an FZR. I still wouldn't think there would be that big of difference.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information