Instrument Cluster Malfunction?

Hey Guys this is my first time so be gentle...

Heres the deal... I have a 2008 SeaDoo GTI SE 155 I bought used with minimal time on the engine 18hrs to be exact. Allegedly this thing was garage kept and an unused purchase by the previous owner. Bottom line it is a fantastic bike thus far and I am doing some inexpensive rigging for fishing. I have taken it out on the water a few times this month and have noticed when the bike is off and the key is away from the "ignition" every 45 seconds or so the instrument cluster will power on and cycle through as if doing a functions check. This will do the same in my garage if I leave the battery plugged up.

#1 The million dollar question... did I purchase a bucket or is this an easy fix. Is it normal?

#2 What should I use on the engine block if anything after washing it down following a salt water ride?

#3 I only recieved a learner key with the bike and want to know what I can buy to give me the full power?

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1

Hi and welcome.

To try to answer some of your questions.....

1) if it's a genuine 18 hour ski it should be a good one. The fault you have would need investigating and I don't know the answer without more info. Possible a bad DESS post ( the black bit where you plug the key on to) but that is a guess and may be well of track.

2) Salt away is what I would use. Google it to find out more.

3) if you were to buy another DESS key, so not the learner one you would need to get it programmed to the ski before it would work.

Two ways of doing that, a Seadoo dealer or someone with a CanDoo.

The CanDoo is something you can purchase and do key programming and other stuff yourself with. They are $400 ish I think.

A forum member may live close to you that has a CanDoo and would do it for a few bucks.

If not the Seadoo dealership it is. Don't get ripped off tho. Key programming takes minutes so you only want a 15 minute ish labour charge plus the cost of the key.

Regards BVG

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1

Forgot to say, get some Fogging spray, spray this over the engine block / electrics etc after you ride to help prevent corrosion.

Thanks for the info that really helped a lot.

Sounds like your loosing power to the cluster. Check the ground (black wire) and the 12v (Red with Blue stripe) that run to the cluster...

You think it's a loss of power even though the key is out and the bike is off?

So the instrument panel blinks with the key off? If so check the dess post, probably bad. There's instructions in the service manuals...

Thread Information