GTX Idle/running issue??

I recently picked up an 03 GTX Limited SC in non running condition. A little TLC I had it running in no time. It'll run fine on the trailer without a load. I put it in the water and it was running ok, for the first couple minutes the "!" light randomly flashed every now and then and i got a single beep but it wasnt going into limp mode or anything and was running fine. After about 5 minutes of running the ski will die, itll start back up every time but then dies, sometimes itll run for a few seconds but if you give it fuel it'll die, the RPMs vary but seem to be low like its barely staying running why its doing this. I hit the set button 5 times and got a code, I was more concerned with getting back to the dock and didnt remember the code. When I got home the code was gone so I put it back in the water today ran fine for first 5 minutes or so, no beeping, no lights etc, then it had a hard time running again. Checked for codes and there wasn't any.

If it matters the supercharger needs to be rebuilt, it spins freely, but it shouldnt effect its ability to run. I have the red SC and from what I've read it doesn;t have the ceramic washers. I dont want to rebuild the SC until I know whats wrong with the ski.

Thanks ahead of time for the input!

+1
    I always start by cleaning the injectors, changing the spark plugs and adding some fresh gas to the tank.

+1
    When you say it "spins freely", do you mean it spins freely bye way of you spinning it with your fingers? Its that so then there may be your problem. Because what I'm thinking and I very well could be wrong.
    But if its not engaging while the ski is in the water essentially you're running without boost therefore running very rich causing your motor to bog down. But when the ski is out of the water it should run about normal because the engine is not under load mean that it can easy free rev without the boost. Kinda get what I'm sayin?

I understand what your saying, from what I've read people that have lost their SC only notice it because their top speed drops about 10 mph, but they say it runs fine. Maybe someone that had a SC go bad on them can chime in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy000 View Post
    I recently picked up an 03 GTX Limited SC in non running condition. A little TLC I had it running in no time. It'll run fine on the trailer without a load. I put it in the water and it was running ok, for the first couple minutes the "!" light randomly flashed every now and then and i got a single beep but it wasnt going into limp mode or anything and was running fine. After about 5 minutes of running the ski will die, itll start back up every time but then dies, sometimes itll run for a few seconds but if you give it fuel it'll die, the RPMs vary but seem to be low like its barely staying running why its doing this. I hit the set button 5 times and got a code, I was more concerned with getting back to the dock and didnt remember the code. When I got home the code was gone so I put it back in the water today ran fine for first 5 minutes or so, no beeping, no lights etc, then it had a hard time running again. Checked for codes and there wasn't any.

If it matters the supercharger needs to be rebuilt, it spins freely, but it shouldnt effect its ability to run. I have the red SC and from what I've read it doesn;t have the ceramic washers. I dont want to rebuild the SC until I know whats wrong with the ski.

IF you take it to a dealer they can hook it up to the BUDS sytem and pull the codes for you..IF you dont want to go that route,which i would seeing your having difficutlies,this will help you in the guessing game....It could be injectors,plugs,coils,fuel pump,anything in that nature..as far as the Scer,if it spins freely then you have another issue and i would NOT fire that boat up anymore.IF the clutches have indeed blown you will do nothing but continue to destroy that motor...

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

IF you take it to a dealer they can hook it up to the BUDS sytem and pull the codes for you..IF you dont want to go that route,which i would seeing your having difficutlies,this will help you in the guessing game....It could be injectors,plugs,coils,fuel pump,anything in that nature..as far as the Scer,if it spins freely then you have another issue and i would NOT fire that boat up anymore.IF the clutches have indeed blown you will do nothing but continue to destroy that motor...
    +10000

Motor will need to be pulled and washed out. most likely will be .replacing oil pumps. timing chain ext....

+1

It doesn't matter if they were replaced with metal washers. if the charger is spinning freely and has lost the washers. you will still need to pull the motor and clean out inspect the oil pumps and replace the timing chain ( at least I would).

Thread Information