Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Debating a 2008 RXT-X... Some questions

I've been looking into getting a newer ski for this season. I currently have a 99 Ultra 150 and a 03 ZXi 1100. The Ultra runs about 64 with me on it and the ZXi about 58. I like the giddyup of both but I'm looking for something newer.

I came across a 2008 RXT-X that I'm considering. It has 60 hours and is in very nice shape. I'm worried about the handling compared to my skis though. I know the Seadoo is going to be about 200lbs heavier than either of mine. Both of my skis have sponsons and some other free mods and that's about it. How would the 3 skis compare in handling? How would it compare to a brand new RXP-X? I'm also thinking of going new but the used TX is half the price...

I'm also a gear head so I know I will want to mod the new ski. It seems as though you can get any of the new 4tecs into the mid 70s pretty easily. Is that a fair assessment? Thanks!

+1
    Many have had issues with the 08 RXTX pump tunnel cracking, once you reinforce you can mod the heck out of it.

There are a few videos on Youtube, Search the forum for this issue.

+1
    Yup I've read about that issue too. I've built a couple boats so doing some glass/fiber reinforcement isn't an issue. Might even be a bargaining chip for when I go to buy. Thanks!

+1
    Great Ski Pump Tunnel Very Easy to do If your Not adding alot of aftermarket hop ups you will be fine 60 Hos NICE WHAT PRICE?

+1
    They're asking $7k no trailer. I was hoping to get them down a touch but that didn't seem too bad. Thanks for the reply!

I may get crazy with the mods over time but I would take care of the tunnel first either way.

+1
    I have an 08 t-x and love it. "no tunnel issues yet, but It's not modded either" When they say many people have issues that's kind of a relative measurement, but I digress. I had an ultra 150 and a 900 zxi which had their good qualities, like wave jumping and tricks, but the RXT-X is a great all around machine that loves the chop and really accelerates hard, all while having room for another adult. I love the 4-stroke because it is quiet and I don't choke in a cloud of smoke while going through no-wake zones.
    The price is decent depending on the condition.

+1
    Also ask about the supercharger, if it`s still running the stock clutch washers, or has it been upgraded. Seadoo changed to metal washers from ceramics in that year but they were still known to fail. The stock washers were gold in colour and mine disintegrated at the 38 hour mark and did some damage to the motor. I changed these to Riva`s when the motor was rebuilt and haven`t had any bother since. Love the ski though and have modded it a bit since the rebuild.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Also ask about the supercharger, if it`s still running the stock clutch washers, or has it been upgraded. Seadoo changed to metal washers from ceramics in that year but they were still known to fail. The stock washers were gold in colour and mine disintegrated at the 38 hour mark and did some damage to the motor. I changed these to Riva`s when the motor was rebuilt and haven`t had any bother since. Love the ski though and have modded it a bit since the rebuild.
    RXTXs didn't have ceramics

+1
    7 k nice yes no ceramics your good low hours great price tell them 7500 out the door with trailer they can do it

+1
    Thanks guys. Would it be pretty easy to get this ski in the 75-77 mph range? That would let me edge out pretty much everyone in my area where I ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information