Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What do or don't I have?

I've recently moved from the 4x4 atv side back to the jet ski's. I've had an Ultra 150 and Seadoo XP before. I bought this ski at the end of this last season and would like to tinker with mods to have it ready for next season. I bought it as it sits now, other than the seatcover that I had put on. The original owner said it had mods but was unaware of brand names or any other info. Can you please tell me what I have, anything that I could change/remove to make the ski better. I noticed the intake, maybe an aftermarket exhaust, solas prop, and not sure if the grate is aftermarket or just stock. It's a 08 RXP-X and does right at 70 on the speedo. I would think, from a little reading that I've done, it should be slightly higher than that as it is now. I appreciate any help. First thing that I plan on doing is changing the oil, filter, plugs, and coolant. Is there any other suggestions for a tuneup on an unknown ski? I have read about the supercharger rebuild. That is the next think on my list. It sits at around 100 hours now. I will get a pic of the jet pump shortly since this guy said that he swapped it with a rxp since they are smaller for more thrust? I'm not sure if there is any truth or reason to that, but the ride plate I know has been changed/removed. I can see the sealant on the edges where it was re-installed as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1124.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	289396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1123.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	289397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1121.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	289400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1122.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	289399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356983399.054986.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	289398

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Change the fluids like you plan and pull the sc to send it to jerrry for a rebuild. The grate looks like r&d to me and i would suggest rear air

+1
    Get it on GPS. Factory Speedos are usually off. I have a factory freak and my speedo is dead balls accurate at WOT. Also drop the steering 3" since they look like you're steering a giraffe.

+1
    The stock speedo stops at 70 mph. You need a GPS to tell your real speeds. Just with a R&D grate you should be over 70 mph on a otherwise stock 08 RXPX.

+1
    Thanks for the info. Do you think I should ditch the clamp on air filter and get a fizzle or something else, or is not worth the money compared to gains between the two? I know that cooler air gives more power so does a rear air filter compare better or worse than say a fizzle tubed to up front with the cooler air? Also, does that look like an aftermarket exhaust? I couldn't tell because I've never seen a stock one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiozrxpx View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you think I should ditch the clamp on air filter and get a fizzle or something else, or is not worth the money compared to gains between the two? I know that cooler air gives more power so does a rear air filter compare better or worse than say a fizzle tubed to up front with the cooler air? Also, does that look like an aftermarket exhaust? I couldn't tell because I've never seen a stock one.
    If you go with a Fizzle then you would need to change or pitch your prop. The fizzle probably would put you on or very near the rev limiter with a stock prop.
    That looks like a stock water box to me.

+1

What do or don't I have?

Thanks. I think it has a aftermarket prop but haven't had time to break it down enough to look. I'll know what I have on that end this weekend. It runs now as it sits at around 8040 give or take

+1
    Just get underneath the ski and look through the intergrate

Did you buy the ski for stone county ms-jimmie

+1
    I was told it was an aftermarket prop and it looked like it was. From looking through the grate, I couldn't tell for sure though and would like to know the pitch on it.

I think that was his name. His mom owned a gas station/lawnmower shop on 49 almost to Wiggins. Do you know anything about the ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information