Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil pump block-off for 951

I just ordered an oil pump block-off plate for my seadoo xpl. I was just planning on blocking off the pump with the supplied plate, taking the oil tank out, then buying four 5 gal gas cans (i was going to buy them anyway) and syphon the gas out of the tank into the cans and mix it, then put it back in....Done. But, I have 2 questions. What should I do with the lines and oil injectors going into the motor before the reeds? Also, I am afraid that there still is gas that is unmixed in the fuel lines and will get into the motor before the mixed gas gets in. Any ideas on how to make this easier and not risk hurting the motor on initial startup?
    Last edited by seadoo951; 02-14-2007 at 06:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    What should I do with the lines and oil injectors going into the motor before the reeds?
    The fittings on the manifold need to be capped. Your block-off kit should come with two plastic caps and zip ties to secure them. But, I prefere to use a piece of oil line to make a loop conecting them together.

A cap full of oil in each cylinder before startup should relieve your fears.

I fill empty water bottles (16oz.) with two-stroe oil (AmsOil Interceptor). Add one bottle to each 5 gal jug for a 40:1 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    The fittings on the manifold need to be capped. Your block-off kit should come with two plastic caps and zip ties to secure them. But, I prefere to use a piece of oil line to make a loop conecting them together.

A cap full of oil in each cylinder before startup should relieve your fears.

I fill empty water bottles (16oz.) with two-stroe oil (AmsOil Interceptor). Add one bottle to each 5 gal jug for a 40:1 ratio.
    I am going to be starting the motor in April after it has been winterized since November. I think that it will take some cranking to get the motor started so if I put a capfull of oil in each cylinder will I still be O.K under these circumstances? Also is 40:1 the correct ratio for the 951 motor?

ttt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    I am going to be starting the motor in April after it has been winterized since November. I think that it will take some cranking to get the motor started

Also is 40:1 the correct ratio for the 951 motor?
    Charge your battery fully! If you have the Accel Pump working on the carbs pumping the throtle a few times before starting will act like a primer for first start.

40:1 is a good # at WOT. Some run at 32:1 some at 50:1. Also, the more oil in the mix the less fuel (lean condition). You will go through more oil by premixing because the pump lightens the oil mixture at lower RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    Charge your battery fully! If you have the Accel Pump working on the carbs pumping the throtle a few times before starting will act like a primer for first start.

40:1 is a good # at WOT. Some run at 32:1 some at 50:1. Also, the more oil in the mix the less fuel (lean condition). You will go through more oil by premixing because the pump lightens the oil mixture at lower RPM.
    I don't care about goign through more oil because I will have peace-of-mind that my motor is getting sufficient oil. As for the ratio... most of my riding is done at 3/4 to WOT. I also idle for about 30 min getting out of the ramp. The thing I have heard about is a 3/4 lean condition with the 951 motors. Now if I not mistaken, 32:1 is more oil and less gas and 50:1 is more gas and less oil. 40:1 is somewhere in the middle so it sounds good but I need to have a good mixture for the motor, but I don't want to be too lean on the fuel side either.

+1
    YES, 40:1 is the balls-on-perfect ratio....of Amsoil Int or equal synthetic oil(Bomb XPS or XPSii will do).

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    If this is the DI engine I'm not sure you can or should disable the oil pump. I don't know if the fuel injectors are oil friendly. This engine runs very, very lean due to the DI fuel curve. I think mixing oil even at 40:1 will cause a seizure. Not to mention it will probably void your warranty.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    If this is the DI engine I'm not sure you can or should disable the oil pump. I don't know if the fuel injectors are oil friendly. This engine runs very, very lean due to the DI fuel curve. I think mixing oil even at 40:1 will cause a seizure. Not to mention it will probably void your warranty.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
    No this is not a DI it is a carburated model. I still have the oil pump on the DI becasue I founf out that the injectors are not oil friendly. This is hwy I am only doing it on my carbed model.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Sounds good. What year ski is it? Are you going to run Fly's or Prok's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information