HELP - 1996 Polaris SLT 750

1996 Polaris SLT 750

Hello Group,
    Just joined and need your feedback re: 1996 Polaris SLT 750. Am looking at purchasing/repairing this PWC and only have this bit of info. to share. The PWC only has 29 hrs. on it. In 1997 @ 25 hrs. it started running rough so it was taken to shop under warranty. They repaired one cyl. and piston which had a hole on the top of it. It was taken out to the lake the following month and ran but the RPMs just weren't there again. It was taken to another shop during that trip which also was a dealer and they refused to work on it. That is all the info. I have on it and it has been sitting ever since. Apparently there is no paperwork to verify all the above info. Battery gone and fuel needs to be drained for starters. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Mark

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Start by looking through my signature links.

Pay attention to the recommended maintenance and fuel system plus carb rebuild info.

+1
    a holed piston is typically from a lean condition, ( detonation).

the fujis are known for this. i would bet who ever repaired the ski did not address the original issue that caused the 1st failure.

we have all the needed fuel upgrades here in stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive55 View Post
    1996 Polaris SLT 750

Hello Group,
    Just joined and need your feedback re: 1996 Polaris SLT 750. Am looking at purchasing/repairing this PWC and only have this bit of info. to share. The PWC only has 29 hrs. on it. In 1997 @ 25 hrs. it started running rough so it was taken to shop under warranty. They repaired one cyl. and piston which had a hole on the top of it. It was taken out to the lake the following month and ran but the RPMs just weren't there again. It was taken to another shop during that trip which also was a dealer and they refused to work on it. That is all the info. I have on it and it has been sitting ever since. Apparently there is no paperwork to verify all the above info. Battery gone and fuel needs to be drained for starters. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Mark
    Welcome - K447's links are very worthwhile and are considered a must for getting to know your ski. Need to find out exactly what year you have by looking at the vin plate. The last two digits of the vin is your model year. Polaris stopped making the 750 in 95, so you may have something either older, or a different motor......

Please post lots of pics and ask lots of question!!!

Banned User
    +1
    They only made a SLT 750 in 94 and 95. The 94 had a white bottom, the 95 had a teal bottom.

+1
    Right to all of the above, upgrade from that single feed fuel pump, there junk and motor killers, Is it locked up?, Hours on those MFD's dont mean much, I have handled alot of them and they tend to reset from time to time, If it was me I would plan on pulling the motor to go through the whole thing, you dont know the condition of the crank bearings and you will never know if one will go south untill its to late, there are alot of other things that you will need to know to do after you have done all of the above.

Thread Information