Please explain this Jetski Stuffing issue

Just curious what happens when a Ski Stuffs, as far as I understand, does it happen because the Intake has hit the maximum amount of Water it can take in. So! when this happens, are riders getting thrown off the ski because of a rapid deceleration or is there something else that happens and there's no way to prepare for it. My RXP doesn't go fast enough for me to be concerned right now, but if I ever do get a Ski to go into the 80's, I just want to know what to look out for and how to eliminate it, because it don't sound like Fun

+1
    Once the pump cannot process the water it backs up and lifts the back of the ski to burp the excess water depending on the hull it can hit without warning and be violent. Also can happen while chopping the throttle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Once the pump cannot process the water it backs up and lifts the back of the ski to burp the excess water depending on the hull it can hit without warning and be violent. Also can happen while chopping the throttle.
    Also happens when OPAS drops down and catches a wave. You then come off the ski at high speeds and do multiple summersaults... According to people on land.

+1
    First I've heard of this, doesn't sound fun. On a stock ski I am guessing there I no concern, correct? Wonder if this is one of the reasons skis have governors on them to limit top speed from factory, to prevent this?

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    My iS ski stuffed at 72mph because of the stock grate. Most of my wounds have healed, but the 5 bulging discs in a row in my back serve as a reminder. Epidurals have had little effect; that's how violent a stuff can be. Feels like a grenade going off under you. Since then, I've run nearly 75 without issue.

Thread Information