@ higher rpm and mid supercharger level engine starts to growl and power breaks in

Hi everyone,

this weekend I put in the riva free flow exhaust on that job I also cleaned the intercooler with gas for the first time.

after putting it all together I gave it a first spin today.

Started up fine exhaust sounds nice but after revving it up and the supercharger kicks in with about half its power the engine sounds like its growling and it even start to burp a bit, the supercharger seems to keep on going and even goes to full power but the engine won't.

Do you guys have any idea?

The ski has about 140 hours on it and got a brand new supercharger 10 hours ago, since the repair guys forgot to put in a washer and it ripped the brand new supercharger belt I figured I'm doing stuff my self.

THX

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Guessing its a Ultra 250......I think we need a better description of whats going on, Supercharger makes power instantly being its a roots style charger, it doesnt "kick" in.....video would probably help alot....

Banned User
    +1

@ higher rpm and mid supercharger level engine starts to growl and power breaks in

Any water it the hull ? Did you take intercoller apart ? Belt tension correct ? Did you try new spark plugs ? Spark plugs good ? All hose clamps tight ? What's max RPM it goes to ? What's Max boost ?

I didn't touch the belt after they fixed their mess, is there a easy way to check it's tension?

No water in the hull, did't take the intercooler apart, flushed it as is(took it out, but left the blow off on), it easy goes to 4000 rpm after that it rumbels it's way up to 6800, reading the gauge it goes to max boost.

my guesses where that the valve didn't like the gas flush, or one of the hose clams is still not tight, would the spark plugs fail at higher rpm?

thx for your quick response

+1
    With you mentioning that you have changed the exhaust double check all your hose connections and clamps. An exhaust leak will make the ski run badly. If you are loosing boost it would just not perform properly but double check those connections and clamps.

+1
    full boost at low rpm sounds like the bypass valve is jammed shut, the rubber seal probably didnt like the gas and has swollen up. or the vacum line is blocked.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    full boost at low rpm sounds like the bypass valve is jammed shut, the rubber seal probably didnt like the gas and has swollen up. or the vacum line is blocked.
    Yep most likely I agree. Also make sure the vacum tube from the throttle body to the bypass is connected and not broken other wise it will be stuck open and loose all boost.

Thread Information