Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151

    300x vibration after speed run

    Has anyone else noticed a vibration after a long full throttle run?

    If I run for 5-10+ minutes and slow down, I get a weird vibration about 4000 rpm. either up or down the range, as soon as it hits around the 4000 mark, it vibrates. it does this for maybe a minute or two then goes away completely. It never comes back unless I do an extended full throttle run.

    If it did this all the time I'd say a rubber has moved under the waterbox. It's probably only done this in the last 20 hours or so (got 120 hours at the moment).

    Anyone?

    Cheers, Mal.


  2. #2
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a vibration after a long full throttle run?

    If I run for 5-10+ minutes and slow down, I get a weird vibration about 4000 rpm. either up or down the range, as soon as it hits around the 4000 mark, it vibrates. it does this for maybe a minute or two then goes away completely. It never comes back unless I do an extended full throttle run.

    If it did this all the time I'd say a rubber has moved under the waterbox. It's probably only done this in the last 20 hours or so (got 120 hours at the moment).

    Anyone?

    Cheers, Mal.
    I'd guess prop out of balance.
    You must be on you second prop, are u?

  3. #3
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    id say waterbox mal, at wot there would be no water in it making it very light, as you come back off high rpms it possibly fills a little with water and settles back into position..failing that who knows doubt its the prop though

  4. #4
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Yeah, I don't think it's the prop. The waterbox emptying sounds like a possibility. The other thought I has was the supercharger is getting hot (the oil in it). Not sure if I should replace the oil in the SC or just leave it?

  5. #5
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a vibration after a long full throttle run?

    If I run for 5-10+ minutes and slow down, I get a weird vibration about 4000 rpm. either up or down the range, as soon as it hits around the 4000 mark, it vibrates. it does this for maybe a minute or two then goes away completely. It never comes back unless I do an extended full throttle run.

    If it did this all the time I'd say a rubber has moved under the waterbox. It's probably only done this in the last 20 hours or so (got 120 hours at the moment).

    Anyone?

    Cheers, Mal.

    Sounds like the kwaka is a little worn out after trying to catch the PX for the last 100 hours Malcolm! ha
    Even the bumble bee today was bowing down to its daddy!! Haaaa
    Blitzed!!

  6. #6
    I would check your hood. Jumping the waves may have cause the hood latch to get out of alignment; thus causing it to vibrate at certain RPM levels. You can confirm or dismiss this by Duct Taping your hood down really good . . . then repeating your run out on the water and see what it does. JB.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    id say waterbox mal, at wot there would be no water in it making it very light, as you come back off high rpms it possibly fills a little with water and settles back into position..failing that who knows doubt its the prop though
    +1, My 300 had the same vibration. I used waz suggestion and used a silicon pot holder under the waterbox and vibration is gone.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129

    300x vibration after speed run

    I bet you spark plugs are out of balance from thermal dynamic fluxing under high strain extraneous heat situations.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #9
    ImpactSportsTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    173
    +1
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    I bet you spark plugs are out of balance from thermal dynamic fluxing under high strain extraneous heat situations.
    +1 - You guys just don't understand the molecular thermal degradation that multi-platinum disc alloys and bi-electric ceramic compounds are subjected to with 1.21 jigawatts of single-phase DC voltage, especially with the extraordinary variables of ethanol/RICE-based petroleum by-products in today’s fuels…

  11. #10
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Yep...what he said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SL750 stalling out after high speed run?
    By killer in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
  2. How do these speed runs compare with yours???
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 06:51 PM
  3. Pistonwash 83mph speed run.
    By Pistonwash in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 02:27 PM
  4. New Jersey End of Season Ride & Speed Runs...Seaside Hei
    By ramnj in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 09:10 AM
  5. Speed Run Today
    By Peligroso in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •