Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1

300x vibration after speed run

Has anyone else noticed a vibration after a long full throttle run?

If I run for 5-10+ minutes and slow down, I get a weird vibration about 4000 rpm. either up or down the range, as soon as it hits around the 4000 mark, it vibrates. it does this for maybe a minute or two then goes away completely. It never comes back unless I do an extended full throttle run.

If it did this all the time I'd say a rubber has moved under the waterbox. It's probably only done this in the last 20 hours or so (got 120 hours at the moment).

Anyone?

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

If I run for 5-10+ minutes and slow down, I get a weird vibration about 4000 rpm. either up or down the range, as soon as it hits around the 4000 mark, it vibrates. it does this for maybe a minute or two then goes away completely. It never comes back unless I do an extended full throttle run.

If it did this all the time I'd say a rubber has moved under the waterbox. It's probably only done this in the last 20 hours or so (got 120 hours at the moment).

Anyone?

Cheers, Mal.
    I'd guess prop out of balance.
    You must be on you second prop, are u?

+1
    id say waterbox mal, at wot there would be no water in it making it very light, as you come back off high rpms it possibly fills a little with water and settles back into position..failing that who knows doubt its the prop though

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, I don't think it's the prop. The waterbox emptying sounds like a possibility. The other thought I has was the supercharger is getting hot (the oil in it). Not sure if I should replace the oil in the SC or just leave it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

Anyone?

Cheers, Mal.

Sounds like the kwaka is a little worn out after trying to catch the PX for the last 100 hours Malcolm! ha
    Even the bumble bee today was bowing down to its daddy!! Haaaa
    Blitzed!!

I would check your hood. Jumping the waves may have cause the hood latch to get out of alignment; thus causing it to vibrate at certain RPM levels. You can confirm or dismiss this by Duct Taping your hood down really good . . . then repeating your run out on the water and see what it does. JB.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    id say waterbox mal, at wot there would be no water in it making it very light, as you come back off high rpms it possibly fills a little with water and settles back into position..failing that who knows doubt its the prop though
    +1, My 300 had the same vibration. I used waz suggestion and used a silicon pot holder under the waterbox and vibration is gone.

Banned User
    +1

300x vibration after speed run

I bet you spark plugs are out of balance from thermal dynamic fluxing under high strain extraneous heat situations.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    I bet you spark plugs are out of balance from thermal dynamic fluxing under high strain extraneous heat situations.
    +1 - You guys just don't understand the molecular thermal degradation that multi-platinum disc alloys and bi-electric ceramic compounds are subjected to with 1.21 jigawatts of single-phase DC voltage, especially with the extraordinary variables of ethanol/RICE-based petroleum by-products in today’s fuels…

+1
    Yep...what he said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information