Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb X charger Setup-RXT-Help

I would like to go to an x charger setup and was wondering what i would need to accomplish this. What speeds would i be seeing with this setup. My current setup is an 05' RXT(210 HOURS) with a 13/18r prop, xs intercooler, 4" intake, TDR waterbox, 2.5 Degree Wedge, and Riva Opas Block Offs. I currently have 42's but are not in the ski.

Thanks,
    Charlie

+1
    You will need to put the 42s in,youwill need to buy a RRFPR (Rising rate fuel pressure regulator)with tank adaptor,A way of metering/Adjusting your AFRs(Air Furl ratios)and a 14/19 prop with some minor tweeking on it.....Depending on how many hours on the machine i would replace the fuel pump and filters while you are in the process of doing this also...

+1
    how much does a basic AFR setup cost. I know that you have to tap the exhaust manifold and wire it all up. How hard is it to setup a RRFPR and would i want the walbro pump?

Thanks,
    Charlie

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cfratt View Post
    how much does a basic AFR setup cost. I know that you have to tap the exhaust manifold and wire it all up. How hard is it to setup a RRFPR and would i want the walbro pump?

Thanks,
    Charlie
    Charlie,
    they are not hard at all to do,you just want to go slow and make sure you do everything correctly as you are playing with fuel....This is a simple kit that comes with everything needed for the RRFPR setup:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1307

As far as fuel pumps??Yes the Walbro is perfect for your ski...YOu can find replacement filters at Summit...i have the numbers if you want them.

and for a AFR setup??This is what i run on my ski,simple and easy to read/install:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

And then of course you will need your J-pipe bunged for the 02 sensor

+1
    I would like to go to an x charger setup and was wondering what i would need to accomplish this. What speeds would i be seeing with this setup. My current setup is an 05' RXT(210 HOURS) with a 13/18r prop, xs intercooler, 4" intake, TDR waterbox, 2.5 Degree Wedge, and Riva Opas Block Offs. I currently have 42's but are not in the ski.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    14/19 you should be about 71-72 in FL. WA Look for lower speeds You running a stock head? Stock wear ring? Stock mounts?

+1
    What does your ski run now on GPS?
    Guessing 3-4 mph, and quicker getting there.

+1 to all of Snow man advice.

Thanks,
    Charlie

+1
    All stock right now except for the mods listed, i am running 68 mph gps max.
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post

Thanks,
    Charlie
    14/19 you should be about 71-72 in FL. WA Look for lower speeds You running a stock head? Stock wear ring? Stock mounts?

+1
    I can't believe your craft moves lol. Get a SS LINED wear ring but before anything else, switch your valves or swap your head to one with better valves. I found an 06 with proper valves for $275. Not all 06s come with good valves and you'll need to check the stem for #s. Check the sticky in this forum about valves

+1
    WOW--Have I ever been missing the boat (no pun inteded) I have a 2007 RXT and I have been running with the following mods (over 100 hours) X charger with the Riva upgrade wheel--Riva rear air kit for a RXP--Riva ECU--external intercooler--untouched 15/20 prop--Les Cooke retainers only--stright pipe from water box to resinator--and ONLY mod to fuel system is 50 lb injectors. After reading above posts maybe I should do more mods to the fuel system??? What is my current setup hurting with just 50 lb injectors? On a 80 degree day I can turn 8620 RPM which my GPS say is 76-77 MPH. (exhaust manifold bell is mint)

+1
    Sundance, I'm sure you're alright. The riva ecu can compensate for up to 14psi I believe. You are probably around 13 or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information