01-05-2013, 07:39 PM #1
Athena ECU gets my FX SHO to 85mph@8300rpm!
A big thanks to Jorge at JV Performance down here in Miami, FL for installing the Athena ECU, pitching my prop to get my rpms right to where Riva recommends (8300rpm), and tuning the AFR just perfect to get the ski where it is!
The speed runs were done in a canal that is both salt and fresh water mix. The temperature outside was 82 with very high humidity and the ski still managed to generate 16+psi of boost with my E1 wheel at 8300rpm. There were a few other boats running in the area, but even with a slight chop we were able to get 84.8mph multiple times ON A FULL TANK! The AFR at WOT was 11.9-12.2.
These are the modifications I have done to my ski and the results I gained in order:
1. Installed full Riva Stage 2 with additional Riva Powercooler with Solas DF 13/22r impeller pitched to 15/26 - 77.2 mph (on the limiter)
2. Swapped the 13/22r impeller for Solas 15/22 pitched to 15/26 and swapped FF exhaust for rear exhaust - 79.2 mph
3. Installed Leo's pump wedge - 80.4 mph (seat on) 81.1 mph (seat off)
4. Removed Foam inserts and vented the hull - 82.0 mph@7720 (with seats on and off)- and boost went from 12 psi to 14 psi after venting the hull.
5. Installed Athena ECU, ran additional cooling lines to intercooler and engine, changed fuel pump to Walbro 255, and pitched Solas 15/22 prop to 15/23.5 - 84.8mph@8300@16+psi
Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 01-22-2013 at 10:27 PM.
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM #2
I wonder how it compares to an R3...
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM #3
Nice job. Thanks for the run down on what did what. That is a big help to everyone else.
01-05-2013, 07:52 PM #4
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM #5
That's flying on that hull man wonder what u could get out of it at 8600 or 8700 Rpms u can run that man Rpms easily with stock motor and stock valve springs, I imagine u would be around 87
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM #6
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM #7
Great results, enjoy it.
How do you like the E1? Any vibrations?
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM #8
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
01-05-2013, 10:15 PM #9
Nice job and awesome numbers. Great write up on your mods. That makes an interesting thread like the old GH reading used to be instead of the usual BS.
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM #10
Great job. Thanks for the info. Hope to have some updates on my craft but will be a while. It hasen't gotten cold up here yet.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Waterholics in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 12Last Post: 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 13Last Post: 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
By lolzer in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 47Last Post: 09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
By tealgreen2000 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM