+1

07 Gp1300R very unstable in water on idle

Hey guys,

im new here on this forum and have searched high and low for other threads on this issue, sorry if I have missed them.
    My issue is I have just purchased a gp1300r that seems to be very unstable when idling in the water to the point where I can almost roll it just sitting there with the steering turned.
    It is close to impossible having two 90kg guys on it and trying to pull up to the pontoon and get off without rolling the ski and falling off.
    While on idle I notice the left side of the ski where my feet are fill up quite a bit with water and weigh the ski down on that side making it very unstable.
    When I take the bung plugs out not much water comes out at all! Is this normal? Has anyone else ever heard of this issue? Any help would be great!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyGee View Post
    Hey guys,

im new here on this forum and have searched high and low for other threads on this issue, sorry if I have missed them.
    My issue is I have just purchased a gp1300r that seems to be very unstable when idling in the water to the point where I can almost roll it just sitting there with the steering turned.
    It is close to impossible having two 90kg guys on it and trying to pull up to the pontoon and get off without rolling the ski and falling off.
    While on idle I notice the left side of the ski where my feet are fill up quite a bit with water and weigh the ski down on that side making it very unstable.
    When I take the bung plugs out not much water comes out at all! Is this normal? Has anyone else ever heard of this issue? Any help would be great!

Thanks guys.
    Even though it's called a two seater putting two 200 pound guys on it far exceeds the 353 pound total rider capacity. You will always look like 2 of the 3 stooges on the ski. It's really best as a one person ski.

The water that collects in feet wells is something that just happens. It's actually a good sign that little to no water comes out the drain plugs.

Perhaps a XL would work better?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGee View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks guys.
    Even though it's called a two seater putting two 200 pound guys on it far exceeds the 353 pound total rider capacity. You will always look like 2 of the 3 stooges on the ski. It's really best as a one person ski.

The water that collects in feet wells is something that just happens. It's actually a good sign that little to no water comes out the drain plugs.

Perhaps a XL would work better?
    +1. A GP1300R would be very unstable at idle with that much weight. In my opion it's really a one seater builtfor speed.

Banned User
    +1
    At least for me, a general safe bet is to stick with 1 fewer passenger than the craft is rated for. 1 person on a 2 seater, 2 people on a 3 seater.

+1
    Hello, welcome to GH, I have a 08 GP1300R, and it is pretty stable with my 215 LBS & also very , very fast. But if you choose to put 2nd person on try to keep weight for pax at a max of 150lbs and watch yourself when moving slow! Good Luck

+1
    Thanks for all you help guys i was worried there was something seriously wrong with my ski.

+1
    One thing to keep in mind when riding 2 people is to keep the trim in the neutral position it makes it more stable at slower speeds. if you have been running it in the noes down position it will be difficult for 2 people to stabilize at slow speeds.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    And why are 2 "guys" on the same ski at the same time?...........

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    And why are 2 "guys" on the same ski at the same time?...........
    Exactly

They do not do well 2 up

Thread Information