+1

NY Boat Show - Where's Kawasaki?

Just attended the show at the Javits Center today, after walking through huge displays at Sea Doo and Yamaha where they practically have every model on display, I stumbled across the Kawasaki display. They have no signage and 2 - 300's and 1 -15F on display. In fact the 15F is displayed almost vertical to save room. The vendors selling "sham-wow" and the likes had a bigger display!

I don't understand how they think they are going to get people to consider their products when their 2 competitors have huge displays and a ton on people looking at them. Being a Kawasaki owner, this is kind of sad.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Where was this? I didn't even see that! I was wondering where their display was.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    Just attended the show at the Javits Center today, after walking through huge displays at Sea Doo and Yamaha where they practically have every model on display, I stumbled across the Kawasaki display. They have no signage and 2 - 300's and 1 -15F on display. In fact the 15F is displayed almost vertical to save room. The vendors selling "sham-wow" and the likes had a bigger display!

I don't understand how they think they are going to get people to consider their products when their 2 competitors have huge displays and a ton on people looking at them. Being a Kawasaki owner, this is kind of sad.

I don't understand your reasoning being a Kawi owner what made you purchase one, advertising at a boat show or their many years of reliability and their dominance at the races, not every year but pretty consistantly. I have never been to a boat show.

+1
    I wish Kawasaki would consider getting into the jet boat market. Of course, SeaDoo failed at it, but they built junk. Yamaha is dominating the recreational boating market now, but they could use some competition.

Instead, they got into the power tool business, and their tools suck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post

I don't understand your reasoning being a Kawi owner what made you purchase one, advertising at a boat show or their many years of reliability and their dominance at the races, not every year but pretty consistantly. I have never been to a boat show.
    Attendance at a boat show had no decision in my selecting a Kawasaki for purchase. I was just stating that I think that Kawasaki should maybe spend some more advertising dollars at events like these to perhaps show their products to people who may be considering a PWC purchase. One of the "agents" at the BRP exhibit practically tackled me to tell me about braking and no propulsion idle with the Sea Doos. Why couldn't a Kawasaki rep been their to tell people that they have the fastest production ski out there or other information?

For the record, I purchased my 15F in the spring of 2008 on the recommendation of the mechanic/shop owner (who later became a Honda PWC dealer) who explained that the Kawi had "more bang for the buck" than the comparable VX I was considering and was the same price at the same dealership.

I'm glad I followed his advice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    Where was this? I didn't even see that! I was wondering where their display was.
    I only saw it after I was on the way out, I wanted to look at the 'SunFish' sailboat before I left and it was near there I think. I checked the the program afterward and saw the Kawasaki of Staten Island was there, if this was their display, they did not mark it as such.

Thread Information