Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry X45 Trouble ...... WOT bogging

hello again,

I know there will be threads that detail what causes WOT bogging, but i have tried to search and cannot find.

My Ski has been modified somewhat;

it now runs premix, has a new fuel pump and i have had one of the 3 cylinders over bored because it was damaged.

I recently changed the ignitor coil pack because the ski was misfiring.

My problem now is that when the ski goes WOt it bogs and almost stalls.

The guy who has done all the work on my ski said i needed to play around with the fuel jet.

I dont know the exact name if this jet, all i know is that it inline from the fuel pump and is situated on the inlet on the carberateurs.

The jet i have in it currently is "80", the higher i go the worse the ski runs.

If i was to replace the jet with say a "60" or "70" will this stop the WOT problem?

I have also notice that when riding the ski the engine seems to be missing a bit, i have put new plugs in, checked all the leads etc ( when starting all the spark plugs "spark".

The fuel is all new now and is mixed at 50:1 - is this the correct ratio?

the ski runs really well when the throttle is at 3/4 (5600-6000 RPM) but it doesnt seem to go higher, although on land when there is not resistance the RPm goes alot higher and the engine doesnt seem to misfire.

ive spent alot of time trying to get this ski running good, and everytime i get on the right track it seems to have something else wrong with it.

if anyone knows anything that may help me, i would be greatful.

Banned User
    +1
    When you say bog, is it spitting and sputtering, or does it fall flat on its face, kind of like being punched in the gut? Its a very important difference. Have the carbs been cleaned? What kind of fuel pump did you put on it?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    if this ski still has the Bing carbs chuck them in the trash and start over with a set of 40mm Keihins w/accl pump

4. +1 by:

Its more of the sputtering bog, i have no idea what fuel pump it is, the guy who installed it does race jetskis in New Zealand, he was the one who told me i needed to play around with the jets to get the right ratio, they r still the bing crbs, i cleaned them when i first got the ski, but havent since, so that would be about 2 years, the ski itself has one done 7.2 hours since i have had it rebored etc, is the fuel mix at 50:1 good? also there is no Polaris dealer in New Zealand.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    bings have no adjustment other than swapping jets(not good)bing jets are hard to get(not good).bing carbs have carb body mounted fuel pumps and it sounds like you now have an external pump.not even close to the way i would run the ski.the keihins will bolt on.i'd go back to the oil injection setup if possible with the keihins.only issue at all would be to jet the new keihins to run with the black log style exhaust.i'm pretty sure one of the genesis had that exact setup and you could duplicate it and it should all be a bolt on and run setup.no tuning

Banned User
    +1
    I think you would be fine with the genesis jetting on the Keihins. It may be even a little rich since the genesis is a bigger boat.

Okay thanks for all of that,

But short of changing my carbs erc which I don't want to do and would rather sink the ski at sea, if I was to replace the main fuel jet with a smaller one would this be likely to make the WOT problem get better?

Banned User
    +1
    Don't sink that ski!!!!! You apparently have no idea how rare those were and are!!!!! I recently traveled over 800 miles to get one that was essentially junk, because of the rarity of it. I put the keihin carbs on mine, and it runs like a dream.

What kind of fuel pump was added to the ski? Was it a replacement for the carb mounted pump?

If you really want to stick with the bing carbs, I have the set that came on mine. I would send them to you for the cost of shipping. At least then you would have another set of carbs to steal parts from.

Would you travel to NZ to get a 2nd one? i know there was like 200 of them made or something?, do you know how much the shiping would be to New zealand?? the fuel pump is in addition to the ones on the carbs i think, it goes from th tank, to the filter, to the pump, to th carbs,

Also if you had any idea of the nme of this jet it would help!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information