Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Exhaust Manifold 2012 RXP-X

Hi Guys, wanted to ask a few questions.1. The exhaust manifold is off and drilled for the o2 sensor, any tips on how anyone cleaned the mating surface on the block you can't see?2. I had one locating pin stay in the manifold, one stay in the block. Don't see this as a problem.3. I was thinking about using Copper Gasket Spray on the manifold, any opinions?4. What technique did you use to get the lower bolts in? I was kicking around placing them in the holes before I slide and lowered the manifold into place. I figured they may back out and fall into the bottom of the boat, but I wasn't sure if I could find and guide them in from the top blind.On another note if you want to buy a 18x1.5 mm tap and 16.5 mm drill bit both used once on aluminum let me know.thanksEd

+1
    No Need to clean The Mating surface abrasively. Two aluminum surfaces comming together. Locating Pins should be fine I just wipe Her Down real good make sure she's Clean. I put a couple Screws Hand tight along the top and Hunt and seek Blind on the bottom one by one. Of course When Im going to Install my Motor I will Install My Mani First

+1
    I wouldn't copper spray. That's used more for filling in imperfections in gasket surfaces to ensure a proper seal. I use it every time with MLS. This is AL to AL and the surface, unless nicked, should be fine.

How the heck do you find dropped stainless bolts on one of these bikes? Talk about tight.

My bike has never been warmed up to the best of my knowledge. I wonder if it will come right apart and not need scraping?

Andy

+1
    It will come right Apart

+1
    I had to tap a pry bar against the manifold with a deadblow hammer. this popped it loose it was stuck tight on the locating pins. Which was freaking me out as the factory service manual makes no mention or do any photos hint that their are locating pins.

+1
    Hmmm always a stubborn one in the bunch

Are you guys sliding the water box back?

Are there any other parts that need to be removed to get the manifold out?

How do you get a torque wrench in there to torque the bottom bolts?

Is there a good way to remove the flotation foam that is in the way?

+1
    Cut out a little of the foam just behind the exhaust manifold to make room. Drilled & tapped for AFR senssor. Replaced the "E" bolts with conventional SS hex head bolt after stripping one of the "E" bolt heads (Really sucked). Hex head bolts are much easier to work with. No torque wrench, I just snugged them down, no problems. Bent Rivas catch can bracket a little so top filter doesn't hit the side of the hull.... Works perfect....

+1
    Still in process but yes the water box has to be removed. I tried to remove the water box from the (part that mixes the water in) the steel tube extends to far so I seperated it at the clamp to the manifold. Hindsite should have just seperated it there.
    You can get it off with no foam cut but i probably will trim some now before I reinstall it. I can see getting a torque wrench on the bottom ones but maybe with some foam gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information