Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    FX SHO Stage 1 W/ R-2 flash

    How reliable would a Stage 1 FX SHO be with a R-2 flash?


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    How reliable would a Stage 1 FX SHO be with a R-2 flash?
    it's reliable, Nothing to worry about.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    How reliable would a Stage 1 FX SHO be with a R-2 flash?
    it's reliable, Nothing to worry about.
    Thanks Jim!! You are always willing to help. I have a few questions for you.

    I'm not going with a wheel or intercooler at this point, but I do plan on running your plate with this set up. I'm thinking stock prop re-pitched to a 12/18 or 12/19... what do you think?

  4. #4
    KostaSHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    170
    I'm running that ski runs very well and very reliable! I'm running 13/22r which still runs good, but I am planing on getting a bigger S/C wheel... But I still pull away from stock FZR's

  5. #5
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    How reliable would a Stage 1 FX SHO be with a R-2 flash?
    it's reliable, Nothing to worry about.
    Thanks Jim!! You are always willing to help. I have a few questions for you.

    I'm not going with a wheel or intercooler at this point, but I do plan on running your plate with this set up. I'm thinking stock prop re-pitched to a 12/18 or 12/19... what do you think?
    If you remove the ribon do a air filter and a free flow you will need a 12/21 pitch on the stock impeller. stock is 12/19 and have also seen them at 12/18

  6. #6
    Thanks guys! I already have the Stage 1 in it, not using the that prop or plate though. I have stock prop pitched to 13/21 by Impro's & Jims modded stock SHO plate. I'm going to add the R&D R-2 ,Leo's pump wedge and R&D ant-cavitation cone. Should I pitch it to 12/21?

  7. #7
    KostaSHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    170
    Jim do u think he should just go for the R3 reflash.. I was in the same boat but now I want more power I feel like the R3 would suit it better.. And I've heard the pick up with the R3 is better then the R2. Is that true?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KostaSHO View Post
    Jim do u think he should just go for the R3 reflash.. I was in the same boat but now I want more power I feel like the R3 would suit it better.. And I've heard the pick up with the R3 is better then the R2. Is that true?
    I already bought the R-2 , but I could always send it out to up it to the R-3 if I don't like it. I still need to know what prop pitch to run.

  9. #9
    superair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smith Lake, Alabama
    Posts
    424
    +1
    20

    Re: FX SHO Stage 1 W/ R-2 flash

    I think you will need a 13 on the leading edge. Since you have the reflash you can use a smaller trailing edge to get the rpm up. I was running a 13/23 without the reflash and right on the limiter. But had great hole shot. Jim can pitch to what you will need.

  10. #10
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,143
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KostaSHO View Post
    Jim do u think he should just go for the R3 reflash.. I was in the same boat but now I want more power I feel like the R3 would suit it better.. And I've heard the pick up with the R3 is better then the R2. Is that true?
    I already bought the R-2 , but I could always send it out to up it to the R-3 if I don't like it. I still need to know what prop pitch to run.
    when i had the R3 and stock wheel set up i was running a 13/16 because i had intercooler, but the best prop for that set up w/o intercooler will be 13/17 thats my personal experience and lots of my friends are running that set up. 77 mph consistent, some of them are a lil faster some are slower but thats what has worked for us here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB looking for 3 bar map sensor for my 2009 fx sho stage 3
    By SOV in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 12:39 AM
  2. 1670 RPM at idle for my 2009 FX-SHO stage 3, is it too low?
    By SOV in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 03:51 AM
  3. 09 fx sho stage 1 riva kit issues
    By kur1j in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 11:39 PM
  4. 2012 FX-SHO stage 1 install, impeller help
    By Robotnicmd in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 02:02 AM
  5. 2008 FX SHO Cruiser Riva Stage I
    By Toobold in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •