GP1300R Long range fuel tank?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has come across a larger or even some sort of fuel tank expander for our skis? Where we go out is quite a long drive and im usually done in 2.5 hours as im out of fuel... Ive tried Google searching but haven't been able to find anything

Thanks all!

Pete.

+1
    Just keep in mind if you were able to carry extra fuel that it is extra weight and lowers fuel economy. I've run into this a lot but i am on a river not open water and find it easier to use the marinas on the river. the only other option i have is to stash some in the bushes or have a friend to meet me somewhere along the river.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Honroman View Post
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has come across a larger or even some sort of fuel tank expander for our skis? Where we go out is quite a long drive and im usually done in 2.5 hours as im out of fuel... Ive tried Google searching but haven't been able to find anything

Thanks all!

Pete.
    found it
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Yes it has been done by Hydrotoys before. He may chime in and have more info for you.

Hi, Have a look at this.

Brett added an external tank on his Yamaha.

regards Brad.

+1

+1
    A XLT tank is most likely your best option. No offence to the last poster, but I don't believe strapping a tank to the back of a GPR is a viable option. It's much smaller and would probably feel like your riding two up which everyone knows makes it unstable and the ride sucks.

Maybe you can get someone to fab you up fuel cell like the friebe(sp) one for the FZR/S. It most likely wont be as big, the space where the bucket is in the back of a GPR isn't very big. On the plus side though it would add weight where the rider is so it wouldn't mess with the handling to bad.

Banned User
    +1
    How much extra fuel are you looking to carry? I can't imagine something like a 6 gallon outboard tank strapped to the back would affect much. 12 gallons maybe so.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    How much extra fuel are you looking to carry? I can't imagine something like a 6 gallon outboard tank strapped to the back would affect much. 12 gallons maybe so.
    That's the important question. I wonder if he's trying to ride all day or just trying to make it to the next fuel stop with other riders. 12 gallons of gas is another 70 plus pounds of weight which is pretty significant I would think to strap to the back deck of a GPR.

+1
    I wanted to chime in. It seems to me that the front storage box on a Yami GPr is just about the size of about 4 or 5 gallons .... I bet you could find & rig a 4 gal tank on top of exsisting tank and use it up 1st. Just I a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    I wanted to chime in. It seems to me that the front storage box on a Yami GPr is just about the size of about 4 or 5 gallons .... I bet you could find & rig a 4 gal tank on top of exsisting tank and use it up 1st. Just I a thought.

Ideally this is what id be looking for, something I guess more hidden. Id say anywhere from 4 - 6 gallons would be ideal... That should easily get me to our fuel stop and still have fuel to have some fun.

Thread Information