Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Littleton,NC on Lake Gaston
    Posts
    261
    +1
    23

    Riva Dampener gear

    Has anyone had a positive experience with the Riva Danpner Gear. Need to know before installing in my boat.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    862
    +1
    19
    i have had one on for over six months now done about 30 hours with no issues so far.

  3. #3
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Has anyone had a positive experience with the Riva Danpner Gear. Need to know before installing in my boat.

    This is just my personal experience as I have 3 clutch failures.

    Mine lasted 1.5 hours with the E1 wheel. The installation and repair was done by a professional. As I was told the latest clutch from Yamaha (which the Riva Damp does not fit) is alot better constructed than the previous clutches. The Riva Gear is a solution to a Yamaha Problem. But the Yamaha clutch is so poorly designed it made Riva look bad. The Yamaha Clutch was the weak link. The new one looks to be head and shoulders above the rest. If your not running it, it is a matter of time before your picking teeth out of your motor.

  4. #4
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    If I was going to run the Riva dampener I would wait until they came out with one that worked with the new clutch. We put in a latest generation clutch last weekend and it is WAY beefier looking than the 09 clutch we replaced!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Littleton,NC on Lake Gaston
    Posts
    261
    +1
    23
    Thanks guys for your help

  6. #6
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    When I get some extra funds im swapping to the newer clutch/idler. Im not messing with the dampener.

  7. #7
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    When I get some extra funds im swapping to the newer clutch/idler. Im not messing with the dampener.
    +1 and get the idler gear lightened and balanced by R&D.
    20 HOURS with a C5 and ET LB wheel with a original OEM clutch and modded idler gear.

  8. #8
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    When I get some extra funds im swapping to the newer clutch/idler. Im not messing with the dampener.
    +1 and get the idler gear lightened and balanced by R&D.
    20 HOURS with a C5 and ET LB wheel with a original OEM clutch and modded idler gear.
    Are they still modding these?

  9. #9
    robbiestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    traralgon vic/ australia
    Posts
    163
    +1
    7
    i would never use one of thos dampeners they are to heavy when spun at 80.000 rpm , i got mine lightened by an engineer and balanced so if r&d dont do it anymore u can still get it done ,,,you can get it to weigh about 45 grams less than std and about 252 grams less than the dampener ,,makes a big difference when spun at that rpm http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthrea...formance-build
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    When I get some extra funds im swapping to the newer clutch/idler. Im not messing with the dampener.
    +1 and get the idler gear lightened and balanced by R&D.
    20 HOURS with a C5 and ET LB wheel with a original OEM clutch and modded idler gear.
    Are they still modding these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	289891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc wheel 2.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	437.2 KB 
ID:	289895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc wheel 1.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	289896  
    Last edited by robbiestar; 01-10-2013 at 03:39 AM.

  10. #10
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiestar View Post
    i would never use one of thos dampeners they are to heavy when spun at 80.000 rpm , i got mine lightened by an engineer and balanced so if r&d dont do it anymore u can still get it done ,,,you can get it to weigh about 45 grams less than std and about 252 grams less than the dampener ,,makes a big difference when spun at that rpm http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthrea...formance-build
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    When I get some extra funds im swapping to the newer clutch/idler. Im not messing with the dampener.
    +1 and get the idler gear lightened and balanced by R&D.
    20 HOURS with a C5 and ET LB wheel with a original OEM clutch and modded idler gear.
    Are they still modding these?
    http://rd-performance.com/images/pro...lightening.jpg
    R&D Gear Lightening Service

    R&D offers a custom gear lightening machining service to decrease rotating weight on the supercharger planetary drive gear system.

    Call for pricing.
    I am pretty sure they are........
    a phone call to glenn and you would know for sure.......
    if I remember correctly it was a $90 modd!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Yamaha Riva/HKS Super Charger dampener gear Brand new
    By RichieFZR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
  2. FS - Parts Riva Supercharger Dampener Gear
    By Yamatr3 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 06:24 AM
  3. Reintroducing the new RIVA supercharger gear dampeners
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM
  4. Who has broken thier Riva Supercharger Gear Dampener?
    By COSEY1234 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 10:51 PM
  5. Video overview of RIVA supercharger gear dampener
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •