Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    2011 RXP 255 Seadoo need help Low RPM low thrust

    gday guys i am after some help with my Jet ski. I recently took my jet ski down to the Murray and took it for a spin. First day it was running 100%, then the next day i put it into reverse stupidly in the shallows with someone on the back and it dragged in the sand.. i let it idle for a little just to make sure any sand that had been sucked up was flushed out. As i went up the Murray I gave it some throttle, then all of a sudden i felt something wrong in my engine like it was straining. i could then only get high RPM up to 5000 but no thrust, I immediately thought one of my cylinder had gone. i took it out of water, gave it a fogging and let it settle to see if it was maybe a stuck valve. i put it back into the water and rode it around for a little which it then started to free up. This time i could get up about 5500 RPM and once planning i could get up to 50kms but it struggled when i applied the throttle any further.
    i brought it back home flushed it and fogged it again, i pulled out the inter-cooler (which is the new 2013 one with bleed valve) and noticed water and sand in the back bottom end of inter-cooler where the bleed valve connect back into, so i flushed this out and alot of sand came out, do you think this would of caused the seadoo to perform the way it has been?? i then took off the hose that goes to the supercharger to see if i could spin the SC freely to see if it was broken but it is not that.. i took off the hose that goes to the throttle body and to see if its clean and used a vacuum to suck out any muck.

    haven't put it back in the water yet but going to connect it up to computer to see if all cylinders are running 100%

    does anyone have any ideals on what could have gone wrong?

    does a sandy inter-cooler perhaps make the engine struggle because insufficient air is getting to supercharger??


  2. #2
    WBoulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    doylestown PA, sea isle city, nj
    Posts
    569
    +1
    1
    Did you check the intake grate? Sounds like you sucked up something.

  3. #3
    GOO$E Mongoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LKN, NC
    Posts
    442
    +1
    1
    is the sand inside the intercooler or in the water passages of the intercooler?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Did you check the intake grate? Sounds like you sucked up something.
    nah checked that mate that was the first thing i checked so not that.. unless its deep where i couldnt see

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose2 View Post
    is the sand inside the intercooler or in the water passages of the intercooler?
    im not sure where you mean exactly but if you mean the back to smaller valves at the back then yeah the sand was in there..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Did you check the intake grate? Sounds like you sucked up something.
    Just found out its my supercharger am I getting ripped off 1200$ for a rebuild??

  7. #7
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    It is not your supercharger! If you can not spin the impeller by hand, then the charger still has a reasonable amount of slip so would not be the cause of your issues.

    It certainly sounds as if you've sucked something up. If I was running fine before your incident then running crap straight after, it seems as though that would be your issue.

    If you had sand in the air passages of your intercooler, your intercooler is stuffed!

  8. #8
    Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,413
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    It is not your supercharger! If you can not spin the impeller by hand, then the charger still has a reasonable amount of slip so would not be the cause of your issues.

    It certainly sounds as if you've sucked something up. If I was running fine before your incident then running crap straight after, it seems as though that would be your issue.

    If you had sand in the air passages of your intercooler, your intercooler is stuffed!
    +1 if something was stuck in your impeller the ski would vibrate badly. Pull the intake off the charger and try spinning it...report back

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Did you check the intake grate? Sounds like you sucked up something.
    Bingo,Sounds like he has a rock or debris stuck in the prop...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    It is not your supercharger! If you can not spin the impeller by hand, then the charger still has a reasonable amount of slip so would not be the cause of your issues.

    It certainly sounds as if you've sucked something up. If I was running fine before your incident then running crap straight after, it seems as though that would be your issue.

    If you had sand in the air passages of your intercooler, your intercooler is stuffed!
    +1 if something was stuck in your impeller the ski would vibrate badly. Pull the intake off the charger and try spinning it...report back

    No impeller is all clear intake too, I checked them before I took to mechanic, I was told even though the super charger is hard to spin doesn't mean it will slip at high revs! correct??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. rxp-x 2012 need help to solve my rpm problem
    By abdulla in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:58 AM
  2. need help low rpm
    By sugarbexar in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
  3. RXP Injection problem!! Need help
    By elbchecker in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 04:54 AM
  4. 1997 gtx seadoo Need help!!
    By traylynn24 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM
  5. Need help, No rpm's, not charging on mfd
    By gvnitup in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •