Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Riva XX Charger on 09 TX

Hi All
    Ive done a lot of reading and theres many differing opinions. I have an 09 RXTX with usual bolt ons and currently 8350 tune. Just put in XX wheel and left the stock 42's. What I would like to please know is:
    How would it go with just putting in 48's, no rrfpr, I realise rich at idle but would it be slow on take off?
    Should I put in 48's and RRFPR?
    Should I put in RRFPR and leave 42's?
    New tune? I realise optimum for XX is higher but could I just leave 42's and get it re-tuned/retainers only?

Really appreciate the feedback as I do not want to have any dramas with this ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXP View Post
    Hi All
    Ive done a lot of reading and theres many differing opinions. I have an 09 RXTX with usual bolt ons and currently 8350 tune. Just put in XX wheel and left the stock 42's. What I would like to please know is:
    How would it go with just putting in 48's, no rrfpr, I realise rich at idle but would it be slow on take off?
    New tune? I realise optimum for XX is higher but could I just leave 42's and get it re-tuned/retainers only?

Really appreciate the feedback as I do not want to have any dramas with this ski.
    Hey mate, I've been down this road, only I was with a stock ecu. With the Riva xx you want to keep the 42's and add a RRFPR in my opinion. I ran the XX and 48's and it was rich all over. 11.5 or so at idle and 11.1 at WOT. I didn't have an RRFPR to adjust fuel pressure, but no doubt I could have improved it if I lowered the fuel pressure a bit. When I switched to the Riva ECU and added a RRFPR, I was able to dial my AFR's in reasonably well, but still had a rich idle.

So yes, you can add the XX and 48's and call it a day, but you will be rich and it is far from optimal.

+1
    Hooking up an RRFPR is real easy and you can get away with it for much cheaper than the price of the Riva kit. I just bought a Turbosmart FPR800 and modded the fuel pump assembly to suit the aftermarket Reg.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hi All

Hey mate, I've been down this road, only I was with a stock ecu. With the Riva xx you want to keep the 42's and add a RRFPR in my opinion. I ran the XX and 48's and it was rich all over. 11.5 or so at idle and 11.1 at WOT. I didn't have an RRFPR to adjust fuel pressure, but no doubt I could have improved it if I lowered the fuel pressure a bit. When I switched to the Riva ECU and added a RRFPR, I was able to dial my AFR's in reasonably well, but still had a rich idle.

So yes, you can add the XX and 48's and call it a day, but you will be rich and it is far from optimal.
    So you are saying that with stock ecu your afr were a little rich??
    So base fuel pressure on the RRFPR with a stock x-ecu should be around 54 to 56 psi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pass1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hi All

So you are saying that with stock ecu your afr were a little rich??
    So base fuel pressure on the RRFPR with a stock x-ecu should be around 54 to 56 psi.
    Yeh mate, that's right.
    That would probably be a good base line, but I wouldn't go fiddling around without an afr gauge.

+1
    I do have a afr gauge but was just asking to get a rough idea on where to start.
    What were your afr at cruising speeds, lets say... 5500 rpm?

+1
    AFRS at crusing speeds should be 13.5-7 for the best fuel econ but it all depends if you have the ability to fully control the fuel with a begi or CMD

+1
    Thats about where I was, 13.7/13.9 at 2 psi boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pass1 View Post
    I do have a afr gauge but was just asking to get a rough idea on where to start.
    What were your afr at cruising speeds, lets say... 5500 rpm?
    Mid range was 12.5. The 48's and 50-52 psi base and no reference line attached should put you very close I think.

+1
    Thanks for all the input fellas. So theres no point having an RRFPR without an AFR gauge right? I dont have an AFR and have not had one on a ski yet. Is the Innovate MTXL the way to go for AFR? Seems reasonable for $150 new. Easy install?

With the 48's are we talking rich like some people say about putting 42's on a 215 for an X Charger upgrade (I put that on my last ski and it was fine) or are we talking way too rich?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information