Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'12 RXP-X price check and correct machine for me?

Hey guys,

I have a '12 GTR and like it a lot.

I want another "newer" seadoo (have 96xp, and 98 GSX ltd).

I have a line on a new 2012 RXP-X (2 seater-260 just Im calling it the right name/letters). I dont race, but just blast around with buddys on the WI river. My daughter would ride the GTR, and I would be on the RXP-X.

I have not ridden anything other then my GTR hull, am I making a mistake in buying a "race seadoo"? Would the 3 seater (RXT-X??) make more sence? Just looking from feedback from guys tha have, or have ridden both. Thanks in advance.

What would be a VERY good price on this 2 seater? Again, new '12 RXP-X.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    i wouldnt worry about the hull differences or the fact its a "race" model. if you can blast around on your gtr you should be fine...the only reason you might consider the three seater is for towing purposes. dealer price should be atleast 1k less than msrp in the winter and there are a few lightly used ones here in the classifieds. gL

Any towing would be done with the GTR (I should have mentioned that).

What if I could buy the ski for $11500 plus tax? Good deal? Great deal? Stealing?

I just dont wanna buy the wrong hull.

+1
    just for your info the 2012 models have intercooler which are prone to fail and flood intake with water i just bought a 2013 rxpx-260 it has a dated intercooler with a built in relief to keep the fins from blowing out just got mine home about a hour ago it has 1min on the clock dealer comfirm with me that they have changed out alot of 2011 and 2012 intercoolers under wty.

Good to know.

I may just buy daughter (13yo) a GTI130SE and I'll ride the GTR........thought $11500 was cheap??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    just for your info the 2012 models have intercooler which are prone to fail and flood intake with water i just bought a 2013 rxpx-260 it has a dated intercooler with a built in relief to keep the fins from blowing out just got mine home about a hour ago it has 1min on the clock dealer comfirm with me that they have changed out alot of 2011 and 2012 intercoolers under wty.
    This is the first I have heard of issues with the OEM intercooler on the 2012 RXP-X 260.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    This is the first I have heard of issues with the OEM intercooler on the 2012 RXP-X 260.
    it's been posted here alot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flattracker60 View Post
    Good to know.

I may just buy daughter (13yo) a GTI130SE and I'll ride the GTR........thought $11500 was cheap??
    that is a good price and it is a wricked ski do'nt let me scare you off buying one just be aware of the problem get a ext. wty. and at the first sign of the engine running rough get to the dealer and make sure they change it out with a updated intercooler. they (seadoo) will not change it til there is a problem

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    it's been posted here alot
    I have searched but I have not found anything on a problem. Would you mine pointing me to the right place? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information