Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2012 or 2013 Yamaha FZS?

Hello I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I currently own a 1999 Kawasaki stx 900 and love it, but am looking to upgrade. I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that the FZS is the best fit.

i have been in talks with a lady at a dealer. She said she had one 2012 FZS left and it would be $13,612 including the trailer, freight, and prep. Now I have read and the lady at the dealer told me that there is no difference between the 2012 and 2013 FZS. But on this forum I saw there was problems with the 2012 supercharger clutch. That concerns me. I'm also not to thrilled with the yellow color on the 2012. They did not have any green ones left.

The dealer told me it would be an extra $1000 for a 2013 one. Should I spend it to avoid the clutch problems and to get the yellow 2013 one which I really like or no?

I am going to my areas boat show next weekend to look at and purchase it. The lady from the dealer is gonna be there and i need to put a deposit down on It so i can avoid it selling out. So I really need to decide soon. Any help would be great. Thanks!

+1
    Depending on what the VIN no. of the 2012 ski is it may have the newest version clutch as well. There are some posts on here talking about it.

+1

Re: 2012 or 2013 Yamaha FZS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Miller View Post
    Hello I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I currently own a 1999 Kawasaki stx 900 and love it, but am looking to upgrade. I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that the FZS is the best fit.

i have been in talks with a lady at a dealer. She said she had one 2012 FZS left and it would be $13,612 including the trailer, freight, and prep. Now I have read and the lady at the dealer told me that there is no difference between the 2012 and 2013 FZS. But on this forum I saw there was problems with the 2012 supercharger clutch. That concerns me. I'm also not to thrilled with the yellow color on the 2012. They did not have any green ones left.

The dealer told me it would be an extra $1000 for a 2013 one. Should I spend it to avoid the clutch problems and to get the yellow 2013 one which I really like or no?

I am going to my areas boat show next weekend to look at and purchase it. The lady from the dealer is gonna be there and i need to put a deposit down on It so i can avoid it selling out. So I really need to decide soon. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Does that include all taxes and licenses or extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post

No it does not. Extended warranty is $400. I dont know how much licenses and taxes are but that doesn't include it.

+1
    They are going to replace the 2012 clutch with a newer one if it blows up anyway. Could just put the diff in an extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    They are going to replace the 2012 clutch with a newer one if it blows up anyway. Could just put the diff in an extended warranty.
    Yes I know but I don't want to have to go through the trouble and have to worry about it.

Banned User
    +1
    If you really like the yellow one I say just go for the 2013. Otherwise you will look at that 2012 and really wish you went for the yellow one. I would buy the extended warranty on any of the supercharged models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    assuming it goes out under warranty... but I would agree the 2012 with a warranty is the way I would go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post

No it does not. Extended warranty is $400. I dont know how much licenses and taxes are but that doesn't include it.
    If that doesn't include tax/license then that is pretty high for a 2012. I paid $11,300 for my 2012 FZS in September (plus $650 for 5 year extended warranty) and $799 for the Triton LTWCI plus tax/license for both but none of those bullshit freight or prep fees. If you want the 2012 you should have plenty of room to negotiate them down and if you can't get them to throw away the freight/prep fees I'd move along to another dealer IMO. At the boat show you may be able to get them to toss in the ext warranty on the 2013 but you probably wont have much wiggle room on the new boat other than that though. My wife and I both prefered the black/yellow so were happy to get one at the end of the year but it's your call as to which color you prefer and whether the difference in price is worth it for only a color difference. MSRP on the 2013 is $13,999 up from $13,699 on the 2012 for what it's worth IIRC.

+1
    Given the info you provided I would go with the 2013. If you take advantage of their financing and have tier 1 credit it's only about $30 more a month and you will be happier in the long run. Assuming this something you're going to hold onto for a few years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information