+1

97 venture 110 tripple stopping.

i bought my mates 97 venture, he said last time he used it, it stopped and he let it sit for half an hour and it went again, but then kept stopping, i got it home, replaced the plugs which looked very old, i checked the fuel filter which was half full of a black sludgy looking substance. a friend who races skis said it is likely to be the old fuel lines which eat them selves out from the inside and i should replace all the lines.
    i replaced the fuel filter.
    i have ordered all new fuel lines and waiting for them to arrive.
    it is always hard to start, i have to spray a bit of areostart in the carbies to get it started the 1st time.
    once started it seems very flat on 1st hitting the accelerater, if you try to hit WOT straight away it just dies.
    once you get going a bit you can pin it and it seems to get up and get moving, not sure how well it sposed to go, havent ridden it when running normal.
    after 10mins of riding it will just stop dead in the water, if you try to start it, it sounds like the battery is flat and wont really turn over, if i leave it for 5 mins it will start again but will be missing a bit and run for another 5 mins before stopping, and the cycle will continue.
    i am assuming it may have carbie problems which i will pull off and get them rebuilt and put back on with the new fuel lines.
    was just unsure of the part where it doesnt really wont to turn over after initally dieing, any ides?

+1
    sorry, its an 1100 not s 110

+1
    i just went and bought a compression tester to find these results.....not sure what i am up for.

front cylinder 115psi
    middle cylinder 110psi
    rear cylinder 0 psi

i didnt think (once it was running) that it went ok, got me thinking how much better it would be with 3 cylinders???

Re: 97 venture 110 tripple stopping.

Yeah that would make it run funny. My experience was pretty close to your run anf stop running with a 760 wave venture. Same black crude in the fuel filter. If that cruds in the filter theres a very good chance its in the carbs too. When you do a rebuild on the end do the carbs also. Bet they are full of gunk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest_r View Post
    was just unsure of the part where it doesnt really wont to turn over after initally dieing, any ides?
    The piston or pistons are getting hot from running lean, expanding, and seizing in the bores. Then it cools down, contracts, and unsticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest_r View Post
    The piston or pistons are getting hot from running lean, expanding, and seizing in the bores. Then it cools down, contracts, and unsticks.

I had this same experience w/ my Wave Venture when it seized. Now that I know the symptoms, hopefully I can head any further damage off at the pass in the future.

Thread Information