Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

new to the ultra life need some help

hey guys i just got my hands on a 2008 250x. had to change a few thing on it but i got it running again but today i went to test it i saw 'bat' came up on the dash but i just ignored it. i started the bike then as i turned around to go forward there was a problem it kept jumping rpms from hi to to low hi to low so i had to cut my test short any ideas what i could check im thinking something with electrical but no idea what to check and i thried holding the mode and set buttons but ntn happens

thanks in advanced

+1
    Welcome.
    First thing I would do is replace the spark plugs. If that does not correct the problem you will need to check that you have all the hose clamps tightened properlu on the exhaust hoses. If that still does not work get as much information as possible about what is going on and report back.

As far as the bat on start up that has been common but just silence it and it will clear and be fine. If you are actually having charging issues you will have to check the connections and make sure the wires have not been rubbing on the pulley on the driveshaft and has broken.

+1
    +1 on everything Lasportsmn said, My 250x almost always has a "bat" warning if it has sat for more than a day, very common from what I have heard as well. Mine is still on the original battery and still works fine.

At one point I also had the surging that you described, in my case it was a exhaust hose clamp right by the supercharger belt that wasn't tightened properly (by me), I corrected that and all was good. I would also suggest checking your S/C belt tension.
    Best of luck
    W

ok i just went outside and checked exhaust hoses are good and yeh plugs are too also checked supercharger hoses all seemed fine and adding to info when i pulled it up on the launch ramp i applied a little about of throttle which gave no effect then it just reved all the way up and then it cut off and then i started it back it did the same but i held the the throttle a lil open and it idled for a little then i let go and it cut

thanks for the quick reply

and whats the best way to test the belt tension

+1
    The only/best way is with a belt tension tool that Kawasaki sells specifically for the job. A dealer can do it for you but I can't imagine having this ski and not owning one - the tension is pretty critical as too loose and you will get slipping/poor performance and added belt wear, too tight and your bearings suffer. If you can get your hands on one, let us know and we'll walk you through how to use it.

ok thats sound good ima hunt one down tomorow but is there anything else i could check or look at that could possible be my problem

and is the condition im in called limp mode for a kawasaki with the surging and all and will it do away if it was just the tension on the belt and also is there any sensors i could check if disconnected or possible need changing and any ideas why i dont see anything change on my gauge when i hold the mode and set buttons or what is the correct procedure on doing this

Banned User
    +1

new to the ultra life need some help

You can't check plugs visually the only way to know there good is to replace with new ones.

Check the intake air horn by the fuel tank make sure it's not stuck to hull.

See what max boost and rpm are under wot. Most likely just bad plugs. Change them go from there.

was reading another post they where talking about checking intercooler and also one had the same prob and changed fuel pump but i just pulled the elbows on my ic and notice on the supper charger side there seem to be oil is this good or bad and when i looked at the other side in the bottom of the ic the seem to be liqiud of some sort pulling out out now for further inspection

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information