Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

951 supercharger? Turbo? Electric fan?

Hey guys I was wondering if I could do a supercharger or a turbo which I know it would be pretty much impossible or some sort of fan to get a cooler charge of, because on a 100 degree day it gets a little hot in there it's a 962 engine (was a 951 after rebuild). Money really isn't an issue if it gets a "bit expensive" I have been on this site for quite sometime I hear guys talkin about it but haven't seen any pictures "if there is any" if there is any ideas please feel free to leave some..

Thanks!!

+1
    I use ice all around inside the engine bay , works great until it melts !!

Do you put it in a bucket or some kind of homemade tray. Haha, dry ice or regular ice?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12rxp View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if I could do a supercharger or a turbo which I know it would be pretty much impossible or some sort of fan to get a cooler charge of, because on a 100 degree day it gets a little hot in there it's a 962 engine (was a 951 after rebuild). Money really isn't an issue if it gets a "bit expensive" I have been on this site for quite sometime I hear guys talkin about it but haven't seen any pictures "if there is any" if there is any ideas please feel free to leave some..

Thanks!!
    How about doing this to your seat base and areas of your hull to allow more cooling air in ( dont let ski turn upside down in water)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11421688-thin-slices-of-swiss-cheese--studio.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	290151

Drill holes in the seat? Not quite sure what I'm looking at haha, anything else because I do a lot of wave jumpin and tends to get water in it, I live in Kansas so it's always windy

+1
    Drilling holes may be no good if wave jumping. Check out this thread http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...oles+seat+base

I don't exactly want to drill holes in my jet ski, and it said that the supercharger might create a vacuum I do not have a supercharger it's an 01 rx with the 951, I know what there talkin about but don't understand how it will create a vacuum, I was think maybe a fan in the front and one in the back. I know where your comin from though.

Thanks

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12rxp View Post
    I don't exactly want to drill holes in my jet ski, and it said that the supercharger might create a vacuum I do not have a supercharger it's an 01 rx with the 951, I know what there talkin about but don't understand how it will create a vacuum, I was think maybe a fan in the front and one in the back. I know where your comin from though.

Thanks
    you can add some flow rites and add a fan or you can add something that looks like a rear air intake for the RXP's under the rear seat and add a fan...thats what I would do

Like an air guzzle from speed freaks, will that fit it looks a bit tight in there

+1
    I'm lost. These are open loop engines. It shouldn't be getting crazy hot in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information