+1

Gp1200r revving high once I start it

Hello back in September was the last time I rode my ski and when I was going to put it on the trailer I started it up and it took off at around 10 mph. When I got home I went to flush it and I would start it up and it was revving really high and was screaming. I put the flush hose on and started it up then turned the water on and no water was coming out. I don't no where the water could go if none was coming out. I'm winterizing it sometime this week or next week. I am considering selling it because I am going to be driving soon and won't have a lot of time for it since I'm still in school and I am the only one in my family who uses it. It has a d plate and chip, new piston rings, carbon fiber reeds, converted to premix, all new drive shaft (all 3 parts of it), and a new battery. I would include trailer, cover, life jacket, flushing hose, jet ski dolly, ball hitch and whatever else I have for it. I do not no what I would ask for it but give me offers. You can email me at [email protected]. Please help me answer my question about the revving and flushing and give me offers don't be shy. Thank you all.

+1
    Yes the faucet was turned on and it was running fine the whole day and wasn't stalling or anything.

+1
    Is your refrigerator running?

+1
    I would do a pressure test. The rpm's taking off by itself may be caused by an air leak.
    Until you know the cause of the revving you'll have to sell it as "needs motor rebuild" and be lucky to get a grand for it.

As for flush water, you may not get anything out of the pissers being on a hose. The water had to go somewhere so if it didn't come out the exhaust around the ride plate then it's still in the hull (inside or, preferably, outside the motor).

+1
    The high revving could be caused by the carbs throttle shaft bushings. that is a common issue with these carbs some do it some dont. i have a buddy that put a spring on his to assist in throttle returning to idle. it was just a little stiffer giving throttle but not too bad.

If you have water going into the ski but none coming out then that is a issue that needs repairing ASAP. look for water in the hull area if none found pull battery box and check all hoses but most of all run the ski to make sure no water has entered the crankcase.

Thread Information