Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody doing 80+on the 2012 fx?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
    I was wondering this too.

+1
    since there is not a after market intake grate avalable yet. I supect anyone who has gotten to 80mph is unable to answer this post due to the fact that they got pitched off while going 80mph with a oem intake grate. Just kidding of course, But there is NOT a aftermarket grate out yet! Tommy Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    since there is not a after market intake grate avalable yet. I supect anyone who has gotten to 80mph is unable to answer this post due to the fact that they got pitched off while going 80mph with a oem intake grate. Just kidding of course, But there is NOT a aftermarket grate out yet! Tommy Jordan
    This boat is so long Tommy . . . I am not really sure what a plate / grate is going to do for this Ski. I think the platform "as is" could handle 80 mph and feel safe. I just think it would take a ton of HP to get it there (and maybe a bigger pump too). JB

+1
    JB, I have talked to a guy who has all the goodies installed on one now ( est. 300+ hp easely) the problem he has at 73-75 mph when he lets off the throttle it will buck with him due to the fact that he has the oem grate on it and no one is selling a after market grate yet so he has to be carefull with it. Tommy Jordan

+1
    How long is the ski"?
    What's the weight?

Well that's good to know . . . I did not think it would have been possible for this Ski to buck even in the mid 70's. This Ski feels extremely stable to me, but then I am only at stock speeds (67 and "change"). You would think that R&D or Riva would come out with something.

So if your friend lets off the throttle gradually, I would think he would be OK. Or at least greatly reduce the chance of Buck. JB

+1
    JB, I have talked to a guy who has all the goodies installed on one now ( est. 300+ hp easely) the problem he has at 73-75 mph when he lets off the throttle it will buck with him due to the fact that he has the oem grate on it and no one is selling a after market grate yet so he has to be carefull with it. Tommy Jordan
    not sure about this somthing is not right Jeff (Nashvegas) is still running the stock grate and plate and in the last few weeks has had his FX just over 76 no issues at all ran 73-75 many times again no issues I just dont see the FX having any stuffing issues under 80. The only FX I know of that has gone well over 80 had a lot of motor and a modified grate and plate. I hope Riva will have something out this year for the FX.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I have an email from Worx Intl in Washington state saying that the Worx intake grate for the 2012 FX SHO will be in the US in a couple of weeks. They currently are working on a plate also but the ETA on that is unknown. The grate and plate will be sold thru Blowsion and I am hoping GH will get some.
    Also, Riva says their grate and plate will be out soon.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    i personally know a guy down here in miami with one, with Vi-PEC and ET Billet supercharger and 18 pound wheel. I am sure the ski is faster than 80mph but he is also waiting for the GRATE. nobody would jump on that ski to try it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information